Recipes using cured meats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes using cured meats

Are there any good recipes out there that involve using cured sausages as the centerpiece? Not interested in soup, and sandwich (gasp, oh noes!) recipes are welcome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

For me a sausage is a mini recipe on its own. Since it is already seasoned I just have it fried with some potatoes and eggs. Baking it within something else muddles the flavors for me, but with a not so flavorful sausage I might roast it with cauliflower and some cheese, sour cream & butter to make a mac/cheese like creation.

Comment

How about chorizo, or better, blood sausage - Black Pudding?

Chorizo is a perfect partner with white fish or white bird meat.

Black Pudding is superb with apples. Fry off both in your favourite fat - goose fat, for me.
      Paul
      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

boliche, bigos, pyttipanna, gumbo, jambalaya come to mind
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I use fresh pork sausage, fried, mixed in with bell peppers, onion, mushroom and tomato sauce as a meal.

If you replace it with cured sausage like pepperoni it'll probably be just as good. Go for a "pizza" sauce and you'll have pizza-in-a-pot.

Cured meats in general, lately I've taken to frying up corned beef with some white rice and onion.

M.

Comment

Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

I ended up going the cauliflower route since I was trying to get in some veggies as well. I'd love to try some of these other recipes next time, including the European ones mentioned. Not that into pizza sauce, unfortunately, though I've heard it used popularly xD
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
            X