Paleo Chicken Shawarma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo Chicken Shawarma

After making my gyros I was asked to create a chicken shawarma recipe. It came out pretty darn good. Please give it a try and let me know what you think

Paleo Chicken Shawarma | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Originally posted by TanyaV View Post
    After making my gyros I was asked to create a chicken shawarma recipe. It came out pretty darn good. Please give it a try and let me know what you think

Paleo Chicken Shawarma | FEED THE CLAN
    I'll definitely give this a go...I like to use a combination of dark and white meat and make a ton of it to leave in the fridge for super quick meals.

Comment

Guess what's going to be for supper tonight! This looks delicious!

Comment

This was dinner tonight...so, so good. The spice blend is wonderful. Made a plantain flatbread and green salad along with, and I'll be making it again! Thank you for posting

Comment

This has been requested again by family! It was delicious indeed. I served it with plain boiled rice and steamed Brussels sprouts tops for my OH and daughter, and omitted the rice for myself. This will definitely become a family favourite, so thank you very much indeed for posting it.

Comment

Thank you guys! I'm so glad you all liked it
            www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

Hi Tanya:

Made everything in stages and am jst now sauteeing the chicken while the cucumber sauce sits in the fridge. I''ll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                Hi Tanya:

Made everything in stages and am jst now sauteeing the chicken while the cucumber sauce sits in the fridge. I''ll let you know.
                Just curious if you liked this Terry?
                www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

OH baby, you better believe I already pinned this recipe

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                    OH baby, you better believe I already pinned this recipe
                    I can't wait for you to try it!
                    www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

Made this tonight with chicken thighs and it was a *huge* hit. DD and I had it over a bed of greens with mucho cilantro and tzatziki as dressing. DH, who is much less interested in gluten/carb avoidance, had it gyro-style with your Primal naan. He didn't even miss a traditional pita! Thanks so much for the recipe! This is in the rotation now.
                      50yo, 5'3"
                      SW-195
                      CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                      GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
                        Made this tonight with chicken thighs and it was a *huge* hit. DD and I had it over a bed of greens with mucho cilantro and tzatziki as dressing. DH, who is much less interested in gluten/carb avoidance, had it gyro-style with your Primal naan. He didn't even miss a traditional pita! Thanks so much for the recipe! This is in the rotation now.
                        Woohoo! I'm so glad your family liked it. I'm craving this now
                        www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

Turned out great Tanya. Somehow the Naan bread was a bit spongy, perhaps I used too much oil wen making them? I'll try making them again. I made the tzatziki sauce and it was good, too. Used the extra as a salad dressing. Very good.
                          Last edited by Terry H; 01-26-2014, 10:44 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                            Turned out great Tanya. Somehow the Naan bread was a bit spongy, perhaps I used too much oil wen making them? I'll try making them again. I made the tzatziki sauce and it was good, too. Used the extra as a salad dressing. Very good.
                            I'm glad that you liked it I agree that the naan is a bit spongy. It could definitely use a bit more tweaking.
                            www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

Working...
                            X