Favorite Ground Beef Recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Ground Beef Recipe?

My 1/4 grassfed cow just arrived so I've got LOTS of ground beef. Any ideas what to do with it besides hamburgers?

Bolognese sauce? Eggplant lasagna or moussaka? Ground beef + sausage + bacon + sauerkraut soup?

Comment

Shepherd's pie with pureed cauliflower instead of potatoes, chili, curry, meatballs, taco salad, stuffed cabbage (without rice obviously), soups...
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Chilli, lots of chilli. I love making crockpot chilli in the morning and having it waiting when I get home. And I garnish it with yoghurt for extra awesomeness.

Or you can make a curry with it. If you have a curry that uses beef strips you can use ground beef instead.

If you still eat potatoe you can make shepherd's pie with it. Or you can try and make a shepherds pie without potato (if you find a good alternative let me know).

You can make a lot of meatzas.
        A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by mayness View Post
          Shepherd's pie with pureed cauliflower instead of potatoes, chili, curry, meatballs, taco salad, stuffed cabbage (without rice obviously), soups...
          It seems you are prescient. Pureed cauliflower is a great idea.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Curry! I make a mean ground beef curry with a pound of high-fat ground beef, a half cup or so of toasted pine nuts (I toast them in the skillet before I put anything else in there and then pull them out to add back at the end), a big tablespoon of coconut oil, four cloves of fresh garlic and a peeled minced knob of fresh ginger, liberal tablespoons of garam masala and curry powder, liberal teaspoons of cumin, red pepper flake, and ground black pepper, a couple of onions, and a seeded tomato or so. (And as I'm one of Those Dairy Eaters, I also stir in a big spoonful or two of sour cream right when I take it off the heat, to kind of cut the heat from the red pepper flake a bit, because I'm a wuss.) Always comes out awesome.
            Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d-beef-recipes

Here's a link to another thread on ground beef recipes where I posted a Thai Ground Beef Salad recipe (more like lettuce wraps than a salad really).

Comment

love me some taco meat. butter, lil bit of coconut milk, tomato paste (or fresh tomatos) Cumin, garlic and LOTS of crushed red pepper. Ill have this over a big arse salad with avacado. Sour cream and cheddar if I want, tho i feel better afterwards without the dairy
                sigpic

Comment

MEATLOAF....................................LARGE AMOUNTS OF MEATLOAF.....try making homemade ketchup too!
                  Get on my Level
                  http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Spaghetti squash w/meat sauce. I'm also voting for meatza. Those are my 2 biggies for ground beef.

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                      ? Ground beef + sausage + bacon + sauerkraut soup?
                      Hey that's my Stew!! Only I add in pork necks, chicken, or duck, and mushrooms!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                        Chilli, lots of chilli. I love making crockpot chilli in the morning and having it waiting when I get home. And I garnish it with yoghurt for extra awesomeness.

You can make a lot of meatzas.
                        These!

Meatza topped with Chili!

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                          Curry! I make a mean ground beef curry with a pound of high-fat ground beef, a half cup or so of toasted pine nuts (I toast them in the skillet before I put anything else in there and then pull them out to add back at the end), a big tablespoon of coconut oil, four cloves of fresh garlic and a peeled minced knob of fresh ginger, liberal tablespoons of garam masala and curry powder, liberal teaspoons of cumin, red pepper flake, and ground black pepper, a couple of onions, and a seeded tomato or so. (And as I'm one of Those Dairy Eaters, I also stir in a big spoonful or two of sour cream right when I take it off the heat, to kind of cut the heat from the red pepper flake a bit, because I'm a wuss.) Always comes out awesome.
                          Wow, this sounds soooo good!

I'm making this this week.

Haha I keep reading these posts and repsonding... I buy alot of grass fed ground beef, it's some of the least expenseive GFBeef I can find.

Comment

I make two things you could do

The thing I am eating most often these days is "Chopped Steak" this is a "steak" made out of a patty of ground beef (not to be confused with a hamburger.) You just shape 1/3 to 1/2lbs. of beef into the shape you want, and then brown each side in an iron skillet, and then transfer it to the oven for about 15-20 min. depending on how done you want it. When it comes out, take the beef out of the pan, and let it sit while you sautee a sliced onion, and about 5-10 shitake or crimini mushrooms (okay button mushrooms will do too) in the pan with the beef juices, and some butter. When the onions have gotten all soft, add in some red wine, or some balsamic vinegar, and let that reduce and then pour it over the "chopped steak." You can add thyme, rosemarry, or maybe some garlic to the sauteeing mushrooms and onions too if you like.

This is a VERY satisfying meal.

The other thing I do is to make "minimeat loafs" which is just taking your favorite meat loaf recipe for about 2lbs of meat, and putting the portions into a muffin tin instead of a loaf pan. Topping it with either tomato paste, or Sriracha... Each one comes out like a VERY BIG meatball, portion control is easy 1-3 at a time.

Comment

Meatballs/tomato sauce/spaghetti squash

From Crossfit Football for the meatballs/sauce. I made this last week and the kids really loved it (I used Elk).

Scale to meet your needs:

Ingredients:

4 lbs grass-fed ground beef
                              Chopped celery and onions
                              5 whole eggs
                              1 cup almond meal
                              Dried oregano, sea salt, cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper

Directions:

Use you hands to form into large meatballs.
                              If you using a pan, place them in a pan with olive and cook till done.
                              Or place in Pyrex dish at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
                              Or cover bottom of crock pot and cook till done.

For the sauce mix:

1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
                              1 can of tomato paste
                              Large handful of fresh basil
                              Chopped garlic cloves
                              Pinch of sea salt
                              Cracked black pepper

Finish:

If cooking by pan then once the meatballs are cooked cover with sauce.
                              If cooking in the oven or crock pot cover with sauce and cook till done.
                              Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X