Gummy Bear Recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gummy Bear Recipe?

Does anybody have a basic recipe involving gelatin and fruit juice/smoothie, that will produce gummy bears and not jelly bears? Anything somebody's tried that resembles the texture of Haribo bears?

The one that is circulated is posted in my journal. It doesn't have the haribo gummy bear texture though... More like a jello + gummy hybrid.

I am going to experiment with pH, starch, and coconut oil this weekend. Going to make a big batch of gummy mixture and add different stuff to it. Doing a 3 independent variable experiment hahaha.

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-3/Gummy-Candy.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      The one that is circulated is posted in my journal. It doesn't have the haribo gummy bear texture though... More like a jello + gummy hybrid.

I am going to experiment with pH, starch, and coconut oil this weekend. Going to make a big batch of gummy mixture and add different stuff to it. Doing a 3 independent variable experiment hahaha.

How gummy candy is made - manufacture, making, history, used, processing, steps, product, industry, machine, History, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process, Quality Control, The Future

I ended up trying something last night that produced a hard jelly/gummy, buuuuut...it had a gelatin taste. I have the Great Lakes Beef gelatin, and used it with berry juice. More sweetness and flavour is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post

1/8th to 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid + 1oz sugar added to 2 cups of fruit juice gives a nice balance of sweetness and tangyness.

Comment

Gummy Bear Recipe?

Originally posted by dallytante View Post
          I ended up trying something last night that produced a hard jelly/gummy, buuuuut...it had a gelatin taste. I have the Great Lakes Beef gelatin, and used it with berry juice. More sweetness and flavour is needed.
          1.5 cup fluids, 1 c sugar, .5 cup gelatin is the ratio. Let the gelatin "bloom" into cold 1c fluid first. Then heat everything together on medium.
          I would use at least .5 cup juice.

Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-21-2013, 12:16 PM.
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by dallytante View Post
            Does anybody have a basic recipe involving gelatin and fruit juice/smoothie, that will produce gummy bears and not jelly bears? Anything somebody's tried that resembles the texture of Haribo bears?
            I am at work and don't have the book with me, but Tim Ferriss has a recipe for olive oil gummy bears in his FOur Hour Chef book. I haven't tried them and don't remember what he used to make them gummy, but if you have access to the book you may want to look there.

Comment

You could try these. I haven't made them but most of the stuff on her site rocks.

Homemade Healthy Fruit Snacks - Wellness Mama

Comment

Working...
              X