No announcement yet.

Given Up Diet Coke: Looking for Substitute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Reed's kombucha, especially the ginger flavor - so gingery. I also like Pelegrino with a big squeeze of lime juice. And grapefruit flavored Perrier. Tea with a tsp or so of sugar is nice before bed. I haven't been able to give up my beloved diet Pepsi though, not completely. Tea might do the trick if I were to push harder to make it during the day. I wish I loved plain water.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      In my opinion, it should not be substituted, only eliminated.

You could try kombucha for something healthful and effervescent. It's a probiotic tea.
      thumbs-up.jpg
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Their is a soda in he health food stores called Zevia it is sweetened with Stevia. They have a cola it does not taste like diet coke but might serve the purpose.

Comment

Water
          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Seltzer water with a hint of citrus for the win.

I could stand to branch out a bit flavor-wise... Maybe some pomegranate? Hmmmmm
            Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
            Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Comment

Sassy Water is one of my favorites. Still water with cucumber, mint, lime..whatever sounds good. Steep it in one of those cheap ice tea vessels from Target or wherever.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried for year to get off any sort of pop/soda. For me, my vice was 1 Mountain Dew a day. I'd use the approach of having one every other day for 2 weeks, then every second day, etc till I was done. In the past, whenever is taste a Mountain Dew for the first time in months, I'd be hooked again!

I finally succeeded and now when I taste I think "ick!!" I am 24 and have been trying to change since 16. I can now have Mountain Dew in the house for guests and not drink it.
                1) I lowered my refined sugar intake overall and use coconut sugar or honey to sweeten things, so things sweetened with refined sugar taste strange to me. I also notice the negative effects of Mountain Dew more now that I don't have refined sugar in my diet at all.
                2) I got cans of seltzer water. My deal with myself was if you what Mountain Dew, drink one of these first and think about it! They make some types flavored with lemon, lime, raspberry, etc. It is nice to still have a bubbly treat. For me, it was an acquired taste. At first, I mixed a bit of honey and vanilla in it which was delicious!
                3) If I crave things I really don't want to, I google the negative effects of said foods to remind myself what I'd be doing to myself by "cheating".

Comment

How about Stevia? Are you trying to avoid that too? If not, I am obsessed with Zevia! It's the BEST, seriously!

Comment

Working...
                  X