Primal pasta that's not made of Spaghetti Squash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal pasta that's not made of Spaghetti Squash

Does anyone knows a alternative for pasta that's not squash.
    I can't get the spaghetti squash here and tomorrow we are making our home-made bolognese sauce.
    I need a good replacement that isn't too difficult...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Kelp noodles
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Zucchini noodles are very similar. Better even, I think. Peel the zucchini and then pare them with a vegetable peeler so that they're like fettucini. Keep them covered at room temp till it's time to eat them. You don't even have to cook them. But if you do, steam them lightly after you peel them.

I would just use polenta though. It's not strictly primal but it's not made with flour, either.
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
        Peel the zucchini and then pare them with a vegetable peeler so that they're like fettucini.
        These are good. If you need spaghetti width a simple shred peeler works on any vegetable. For firmer ones like parsnips or broccoli stems you can sauté in olive oil for ~3 minutes to soften.
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Grilled eggplant chips, or steamed cabbage or slaw mix or bean sprouts. or a simple side of fresh spinach
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Rice noodles would work well, too.

Comment

Courgette noodles

From London England UK

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Kelp noodles
                I second the kelp noodles. They are a bit denser than regular noodles, however, they are really low carb (maybe even carb-free? Can't remember). If you aren't worried about the carbs, though, I would recommend rice noodles.

Comment

Spiralized Zucchini Spaghetti

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
                  These are good. If you need spaghetti width a simple shred peeler works on any vegetable. For firmer ones like parsnips or broccoli stems you can sauté in olive oil for ~3 minutes to soften.
                  Zucchini Spaghetti is the best! Here's my best recipe for it: Spiralized Zucchini Spaghetti - To Live & Diet in LA

This recipe calls for a spiralizer to make it, but you can just use as peeler, as the previous commenter said. Hope this helps!

Comment

Zucchini noodles, kelp or konbu noodles, Parsnip noodles, Shredded Cabbage, Eggplant Noodles. A spiralizer is an AMAZING investment!

Comment

I like white rice noodles, zucchini noodles are ok, gnocchi, and even potatoes.
                      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
                        Zucchini noodles are very similar. Better even, I think. Peel the zucchini and then pare them with a vegetable peeler so that they're like fettucini. Keep them covered at room temp till it's time to eat them. You don't even have to cook them. But if you do, steam them lightly after you peel them.

I would just use polenta though. It's not strictly primal but it's not made with flour, either.
                        Polenta is fantastic and so versatile. I'm enjoying it again after a long hiatus. Veal shanks in tomato sauce with polenta is sublime.
                        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I tried to find Kelp Noodles but apparently that's a bit difficult to find here in Holland...(why eat anything green from the sea if you can get tons of fish, right?)
                          So I used rice noodles... No succes!!! They were too sticky and lacked taste big time... an other negative was that I was hungry again within an hour...

I'm going to try to figure out how to make pasta from coconut or almond flour... there has to be a way...
                          My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

you'd prob be better using rice and tapioca flour than any nut or coconut flour to make pasta. i usually just have steamed veges. whatever i can find that is in season. things like cauliflower, brocolli, brussel sprouts, pumpkin and squash. i can get kelp noodles but they are very expensive and pretty tasteless and rubbery IMO so i dont bother. you could i guess maybe make some kind of gnocchi with something like pumpkin or sweet potato. there's an interesting recipe here Paleo Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce | A Tea Spoon of Love

Comment

Working...
                            X