What to have with stir fry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to have with stir fry?

I've been making stir fry ahead of time to take to work each day, so far I've been making white rice to go with it, but there is not much nutritional value in white rice. I would bet that stir fry is pretty popular around here, so what do you guys use for sides to go with it?

I like it over riced cauli. I find the easiest way to prep it is cut the florets off. Toss in a blender with water. Pulse until its the right consistancy and pour the entire lot through a strainer. Then cook it in a pan with a little fat and broth. I cook a bunch of it up and divide it into 1-2 portions and freeze in sandwich bags. Then I just take them out and thaw as I need them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've been making spring rolls a lot lately. Cabbage/whatever veg/meat wrapped in rice paper, and you can fry them in coconut oil or just steam them.
      Starting DL: 135 Now: 380
      Starting Bench: 115 Now: 255
      Goal: Get stronger.

Comment

on its own or on spinach. I also often use shiritaki noodles as a part of.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

You can also make zoodles. Use a mandolin to cut a zucchini into noodle strips.

Comment

Sometimes I'll include long shreds of carrot or daikon, makes it kind of noodley.
            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

with nothing, just add tons of veggies and you don't need rice or noodles.
              If you still want to add something, take wild rice.
              My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

prepare some buckwheat crÍpes, easy and cheap:

- 150g BW flour
                - 3 cups of liquid (water and / or full fat milk)
                - 3 eggs
                - some salt to taste, flavor like onion or garlic powder, paprika

Mix everything, let it rest for 30mn, warm up a crepe pan, add a little fat (butter) and make thin crÍpes.
                These quantities would amount to ~ 20 crepes, depending on pan size. Make them thin, these are NOT pancakes.

You can wrap anything with these crepes

Comment

Sometimes I'll include long shreds of carrot or daikon, makes it kind of noodley.
                  I use shredded cabbage like that too!
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                    I use shredded cabbage like that too!
                    Mung sprouts soften quickly and work in a pinch too. Sometimes the import market has freaky long ones.
                    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Usually I use nothing or rice, but you can use any bland vegetable, like riced cauliflower/carrots/cabbage/potatoes etc.
                      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Riced broccoli works too but it looks weird.

Stirfry over spaghetti squash is pretty good too.

Honestly I just make a huge stir fry and fry some eggs on top and eat it by itself. I do that when I go visit my parents as well... Eat the stir fries by itself, add some fruit if I am sprinting or lunging across the neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Working...
                        X