Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

batty's blueberry butter balls. with b-coconut.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    I did NOT know that - good info!

These look amazing...I can't eat butter but I bet they'd work just fine with coconut oil instead. Yum!
    Just FYI, if an egg is contaminated with Salmomella the WHOLE egg is. Salmonella in eggs arises from a systemic infection of the hen. Having said that I would still eat raw eggs with wild abandon if I could. The chances are SO LOW of a Salmonella infected egg that its honestly not worth worrying about. Also if you get your eggs from healthy hens (i.e. a local farmer that you trust and stuff) there really should exceedingly low chance of any worries about infected eggs. There was a thread on this a while ago but I cant find it.

YAY BLUE B-BALLS!!!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I've been eating raw eggs without worry for years. I did learn that eggs should not be washed until you're ready to use them. Something about a protective memberane on the eggs that keeps bacteria out. If you wash them it washes away the membrane and opens the shell up to bacteria sneaking in.

Comment

A whole tablespoon of vanilla?
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I keep wondering how to adapt these ideas to something that won't melt in a purse.

But I guess that's how fat got hydrogenated, so it's best not to go there...

Comment

Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
            A whole tablespoon of vanilla?
            you dont HAVE to, really. i put in that much because i really like how the vanilla flavor complements the butter. if you don't want that much, start with 1/4 T and gradually add more til you like it!
            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I saw these right before you got link love! Congrats on that - these look terrific!
              Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Comment

Made these tonight. Insanely good.

Comment

Wish I could make these. I have a hard enough time cracking eggs, let alone separating the egg yolks.

Comment

I need to track down some coconut without the added sweetener. Then I will be giving this a try.
                    Primal Cyclist - No Brakes, No Gears, No Handlebars, One Wheel, No Problem

Comment

@Bugman I found some in the bulk bins at my local market. Do you have a Whole Foods market where you are or you could check out a health food store for dessicated coconut, which is pretty much unsweetened coconut. What I am able to get isn't in nice long flakes tho, just short little ones, like a 1/4 inch. hth!
                      Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                      Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                      me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                      273.4/269.3/115
                      Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

I made them with the listed amount of vanilla and they were awesomesauce after all. Thank you for the recipe!
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

nomnoming on butter balls now very tasty!
                          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

I accidentally used SALTED BUTTER. But it still tasted great! The extra salt made them taste more like a donut.

Also, I used a full cup of blueberries. I'm going to try this again with strawberry and see how it goes.

Thanks for the recipe!!

Comment

I am letting the butter soften and the blueberries thaw as we speak...

Comment

I am definitely going to try these!

Batty - in your first post you said you were avoiding nuts - (hmm... more fodder for jokes?!) - just curious- why? I'm new to the whole primal way of life and thought nuts were a staple.
                                My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X