Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

batty's blueberry butter balls. with b-coconut.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I made these last night they didnt come out blue or purple like the other pictures. Mine kinda just retained the buttery color with blue flakes. Followed the recipe to a T.

Comment

• Okay, I have NO idea what I did wrong, but these were a disaster. The consistency of my mix was NOTHING like yours. 1 cup of butter is 2 sticks, right?? That seemed like a lot, but I did it anyway...I used an electronic hand mixer and I got this super chunky mix of butter- not smooth or fluffy AT ALL. I'm new to cooking, so please don't take offense to my epic fail, lol I tried to roll it into balls anyway, but it was way too wet and fell apart too easily, so I just threw it away.

I used Organic Valley unsalted butter (just bc I didn't have enough Kerygold) and left it out 'til it was completely soft. I pureed the blueberries by adding water to them in my Ninja. What the heck did I do wrong? It's one of the simplest recipes ever!

I was soooo excited about trying these & am dying to try different variations, like everyone else- please tell me the brand of butter I should get & exactly how I should mix it - if you can give further details...
      Last edited by primalblonde; 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conner P. View Post
        When I made these last night they didnt come out blue or purple like the other pictures. Mine kinda just retained the buttery color with blue flakes. Followed the recipe to a T.
        Exact same for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
          I made them, it seems like these are 90% straight butter. . . I think i needed to addmore blueberry
          Yeah, that's what I thought, too. :/
          Last edited by primalblonde; 08-24-2011, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Wow these look awesome. I will have to try sometime. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Comment

Working...
            X