Pancakes recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancakes recipes

I have recently learnt off the amazing banana and egg pancake recipe. I have seen a number of different versions, but mine is simply 1 egg, 1 banana, teaspoon of flax seeds, drop of almond milk and cinnamon all cooked in the pan in a little coconut oil. Been having them for breakfast and love them. But now becoming a bit samey and wondered if anyone had any recipes simple like this but using other vegetables or fruits. Someone said about a sweet potato pancake however required a lot more prep as cooking the potato was needed before. Im looking for quick, easy and healthy. Any ideas?

Any starch will work. I've used taro, cassava, ube yams, kabocha, plantains, and chestnuts. They do need to be boiled or baked but I can do this all in advance on a lazy weekend. The ones with lower water content will need more egg or other liquid. Savory seasonings and work nicely too.
    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Add blueberries? I think I will try that tomorrow. And some chocolate should work as well with the banana.

Comment

I made this today for lunch:
        1 large banana (smashed)
        3 eggs (I tried 2 first but I couldn't flip the pancake without breaking it)
        1 tsp of cinnamon
        Honey to taste.

bake pancakes. serve when hot with 70% cacao snippers.. they melt all over it and balances the sweetness of the honey.
        My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I made sweet potato pancakes that didn't call for pre-baking the sweet potatoes. They were kind of like latkes, with the sweet potato grated in the food processor. I got really lazy/efficient the second time I made them and just spread the batter in a 9x13 pan and baked it in the oven. Not quite as good as fried pancakes, but so much less labor-intensive.

If you do dairy, there's a cream-cheese and egg pancake that is pretty delectable. 1 oz. cream cheese per egg, put it in the blender, make pancakes. Really good, very rich.

Paleomom's blog has a recipe for plantain pancakes make with green plantains that was really delicious, also.

Comment

Originally posted by SuBee View Post
            I made sweet potato pancakes that didn't call for pre-baking the sweet potatoes.
            That reminds me--if you have an Asian market that carries nagaimo you can easily grate that raw into a gooey batter. It's very neutral tasting (like cassava) so go heavy with the seasoning.
            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Sounds yummy!!! I want to try it!

Comment

Working...
              X