Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy? what does a sweet-toothed cavemen eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark chocolate. All the dark chocolate.

I'll also mix cottage cheese with berries.

Comment

Medjool dates stuffed with cream cheese and walnuts. To die for. When I'm really decadent I wrap them in bacon, bake them, brush them with maple syrup and bake some more. Mmmm.
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
        Medjool dates stuffed with cream cheese and walnuts. To die for. When I'm really decadent I wrap them in bacon, bake them, brush them with maple syrup and bake some more. Mmmm.
        That sounds amazing!

Comment

Nature's Jelly Beans and Nature's Mars bar... Grapes and a Banana!
          Washed down with some Cocoa....

Watermelon... Because its said a good Fruit for sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis47 View Post
            Dark chocolate. All the dark chocolate.

I'll also mix cottage cheese with berries.
            Everything you said I love. <3
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Oh yeah, peeled bananas, frozen, are the best popsicle on earth.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Medjool dates puréed makes a great "caramel" substitute. Great "healthy" snickers with dark choco.
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Oh yeah, peeled bananas, frozen, are the best popsicle on earth.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
                  Purée it and it is the best soft serve! Add some cacao nibs and it is choco chip ice cream.
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

So many ideas already...

I'm quite stuck now at dried fruits and nuts... I'm going to need to find more things that I like because at the moment I eat not enough to sustain my body but I'm no fan of veggies to I consider all your ideas to try...
                    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I love making ice pops on hot days. Toss a can of coconut milk and a can of pineapple chunks in juice into a blender. Sometimes I add raw, local honey. Blend and pour into ice pop molds and 4 hours later, you have a refreshing treat. You can add any other fruit you want to change the flavor up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Not sweets in the traditional sense but I do enjoy high quality very rich full on fat desserts...much like the French I might add
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                          I was wondering do you all eat these things? do they fit into your weight loss diet? and especially what do you eat for snack and candy?
                          Remember, not everyone who eats primal/paleo is trying to lose weight. So they can eat plenty of sweet treats. These recipes are "primal" because of the ingredients, but that does not mean they are beneficial for weight loss. A healthier cupcake is still a cupcake.

I eat very few snacks. When I snack I go for cheese, yogurt, pistachio nuts, fruit. (frozen blueberries are my candy).
                          Sandra
                          *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                            That sounds amazing ..

Comment

My dessert is normally:

1 Banana
                              3 eggs
                              Cinnamon and nutmeg

When I blend it and put it in a pan I have some mixed frozen berries I throw in which melt during the cooking and then I top it with a can of coconut cream

I smash dark chocolate, 85% Lindt, always eat the whole block in a sitting about 2 - 4 times a week and don't get sugar highs or feel like crap

Comment

I absolutely cannot buy those things. If they are tasty, which most are, I will eat them all. It's just a fact. One taste and that's it, I cannot moderate sugar. My brain wiring is such that sweet stuff pings that pleasure center and I'm helpless. I'd order small amounts but 1 they are expensive and 2 the shipping is really expensive no matter if you buy a 1oz snack or a 1lb snack.

Which brings up another thing, since when did "shipping and handling" get so expensive? I have shipped things and the shipping is no where near what they are charging, probably less than 20%. Now I know "handling" means box, tape, packing materials, time etc but come on. I've gotten great groupon or living social deals then I go to use them and the "S&H" makes the item more expensive that if I'd have just bought the item outright. Don't call it S&H if its not. Sorry, ranted there.

Comment

Working...
                                X