Grouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouse

Grouse season opens today! I would like some new ideas on ways to cook them. So hunters please share your favorite ways to cook.

I spatchcocked 1 last week. I didnt really like. Usual seasonings butter thyme salt pepper.

To be honest there too small & boney & a pain to eat not enough meat & prices are stupid in butchers.
    Was @ restaurant in central london last night on menu for Ł28 !! With a side.

From London England UK

Comment

Yeah, it's a lot of effort for the meat, but the organs make a great starter. Whip 'em all out, sauté in butter and serve with some spinach and earthy mushrooms. Lovely.
      Paul
      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Delicious! I LOVE grouse. Classic roast is excellent. A plump little bird is just mouth watering!

BBC - Food - Recipes : Roast grouse with pâté and bread sauce

of course, miss out the bread sauce!

Stevie Parle's grouse recipes - Telegraph

My favourite of the game birds. Though pigeon also comes high, pheasant (of course) and partridge.

Comment

we took 4 of them recently and I made Paleo friendly zesty Italian dressing and sauteed the meat after cubing it into 1/2 inch bites in about 2 cups of dressing on a cast iron pan over the fire. Super easy and it was a huge hit with everyone as a big shared appy.

Comment

Originally posted by kayhunter View Post
            we took 4 of them recently and I made Paleo friendly zesty Italian dressing and sauteed the meat after cubing it into 1/2 inch bites in about 2 cups of dressing on a cast iron pan over the fire. Super easy and it was a huge hit with everyone as a big shared appy.
            This sounds good! Going to try for sure...as soon as I shoot one! No luck opening day

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
              This sounds good! Going to try for sure...as soon as I shoot one! No luck opening day
              Do you hunt grouse with really small arrows?

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week. Try the veal, it's delicious.
              "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

yes,I didnt really like. Usual seasonings butter thyme salt pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
                  Do you hunt grouse with really small arrows?

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week. Try the veal, it's delicious.
                  No I shoot them with a gun

More recipes please!!

Comment

Working...
                  X