Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    Grocery outlet for avocados and organic beef, chocolate
    Trader Joe's for wild fish, bacon, eggs, frozen berries, and macadamia nuts, cocoa powder, and plenty more.
    Whole Foods for steak and duck eggs, yogurt
    Sno-isle Co-op for raw dairy, duck eggs, yogurt and a few other odds and ends
    Fred Meyer for some stuff.
    QFC for gelatin, tea sometimes
    Big Lots for canned fish, just read every label!
    That's all I remember right now, there's probably more...
    You forgot the local Ukraine market once a month for coconut milk (and sometimes green tea, dragon fruit, sweet potatoes, or coconut water).

Comment

Don't go to the big mega supermarkets in UK , can't stand them.

I go to 1-3 different farmers markets each week, 2 different butchers, 1 fishmonger & 1 Greengrocer & Wholefoods or planet organic for other items such as rice, seasonings & bits n pieces.

From London England UK

Comment

Market basket and wholefoods, sometimes the local farmers market when I remember.

Comment

2 stores. Most food is bought at Kroger. We go to Earth Fare mainly for the milk, nuts, water and whatever veggies we want to give to our daughter.

I go to the local Korean store about once a month for random ingredients that I've run out of or that I'm craving.
          DD born August 2012
          TTC #2
          SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
          CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
          Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
          Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Comment

Kroger and Tom Thumb for most things, but then Sprouts for a few specialty items.

Comment

Just read that Whole Foods is having a sale tomorrow (Friday) only on grass fed ground beef! $4.99/lb. I know I'll be stocking up!

Comment

Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
                Just read that Whole Foods is having a sale tomorrow (Friday) only on grass fed ground beef! $4.99/lb. I know I'll be stocking up!
                Really? Got to check that out (if ours is having the same)

Comment

Originally posted by Hedonist2 View Post
                  Major stock up two or three times/month at Sacramento Natural Food Co-op. Sometimes in between.

Whole Foods maybe once a month if I am in the neighborhood.

Safeway or a local chain a few times/month when I need something quick or want something non-Primal, like real mayonnaise (which I eat some of each week), organic peanut butter spread, liverwurst (if I can't get to WF to buy natural), pork rinds (yes, I know they are Primal but the co-op doesn't carry.), etc.

Costco once every two or three months when I go there for household products.

Trader Joe's once or twice a month for pastured cheese, cheap wine and whatever else strikes my fancy.
                  Fresh Market opening this month an old Borders store. Very close to my house.
                  Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

I love fresh market!

Thanks so much for the tip on the grass fed beef sale at whole foods. Just picked up several pounds plus a grass fed roast and bacon.

Comment

Grass Fed Beef - from the farmer a few times a year
                      Quality Chickens and Pork - From the Butcher
                      Free Range Eggs - from my friend or the grocery store
                      Everything else - Our supermarkets carry a fair amount of good organic, etc.

I have found that Fresh Market and Whole Foods are too expensive - I feel like I'm buying food in a gift shop, and I can get most of the same items at the grocery store. I have found Trader Joes to be just about useless except for bulk nuts. At least the one in our town is small and carries mostly packaged, prepared foods.
                      We don't have a decent Farmer's Market - they are more expensive than the grocery stores????? We do have some good local farm stands, though, and I frequent them during their open season.

Comment

I mostly shop at (in order of how often/quantity of food):
                        Santa Cruz Market - local
                        Lazy Acres - local but real ownership is a chain grocery
                        Isla Vista Food Coop - local, used to be a lifetime member, guess a lifetime doesn't last that long
                        Trader Joe's - chain
                        Indo China Market - local
                        Ralphs - chain
                        Whole Foods - chain
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I go almost exclusively to Trader Joe's. Head to Whole Foods occasionally for specialty things that TJ's doesn't have, like my kelp sea salt, nori sheets, and kombucha. The Tempe Farmers market by ASU has some cool local beef and eggs, I should probably start going there as well. I only go to "normal" chain grocery stores like Fry's and Bashas if I'm buying liquor or I'm really broke and needs lots of canned tuna or something (a situation that looks like it'll be in my near future, unfortunately).
                          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                          --Hyperlithic

Comment

i only shop at 2 places, a locally owned store for the meat and walmart (yes i know, shut up) for the plant matter and condiment variety
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

Just Trader Joe's for those prices and other stuff I try to buy from farmers. Fuck most chain stores, everyone needs to boycott them.

Eventually I'm going to have a giant garden for myself with some cows.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

I go to 3 different stores, and the farmers market.

Sprouts
                                Whole Foods
                                and this little open air market here called The Milk Pail Market. It has the cheapest produce EVER! Jalapenos for .5 cents! I'm not joking!

Comment

Working...
                                X