Plantain Bread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plantain Bread

If you like plantains, you'll love this bread! I don't use any nut flours or sweetener of any kind

Paleo Plantain Bread Recipe | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

No nuts! I'll give it try
    http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can you sub bananas? Looks good!
      Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
      34yrs old, 5'5"
      CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
      GW: 135lbs or less
      Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

Looks great, thank you!

Comment

Been a while since I had plantains. With all the RS talk I think I will buy some and see how ripe I can get them. Recipe looks good! I used to love banana bread as a kid.( I generally stay away from baked goods now. However, around Christmastime and the dark depths of winter my willpower, which is strong the rest of the year, usually fails…)

Comment

Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
            Yes you can I also have another banana bread recipe that I slightly adapted from another site here:

Family Chow 2/7/13 - Also Paleo Banana Bread Recipe | FEED THE CLAN
            www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

good info,Recipe looks good! I used to love banana bread as a kid.thanks

Comment

Last (and only) time I bought plantains they stayed green forever. What was wrong with them?
                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                  Last (and only) time I bought plantains they stayed green forever. What was wrong with them?
                  Plantains ripen a lot slower because they only 65% moisture compared to bananas 80+ and starches are converted to sugars faster in fruit with higher moisture content(hydrolysis)

They can take like a month to fully ripen I think
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

I am gonna give it a try next time I spot ripe plantains. I really like fried ones. Will creamed coconut do in place of coconut butter?
                    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2013, 07:01 AM.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                      sometimes you can get them already yellow, those ones turn brown in around 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                        I am gonna give it a try next time I spot ripe plantains. I really like fried ones. Will creamed coconut do in place of coconut butter?
                        That's exactly what I use It's by Let's Do Organic. So much cheaper than the stuff labeled as coconut butter and it's the same thing!
                        www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
                          Subbed bananas the other day and it turned out fantastic!
                          www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

Working...
                          X