Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cracker for pate????

Hey

So, I bought a blender so that I could make home made pate to get liver into my diet. I would 'normally' eat pate with crackers, and so now looking at alternatives or ideas of what to use instead.

Thanks!
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

I just made some hemp seed crackers that were really good. They have cheese in them, so if you do dairy you may want to check them out. They're really simple to make too

Family Chow 7/30/13 – With Crock Pot Pizza Dip & Hemp Seed Crackers Recipes | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

I usually substitute cucumber slices or bell pepper wedges for crackers. Not sure how it would go with a liver pate but maybe experiment with some veggies that you like to eat raw. To me, carrots and liver go well together, but I'm not sure about pate on them vs. them in pate.
      "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
      Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
      End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Comment

Whole foods and other HFS sell flaxseed crackers that don't have gluten or very many carbs. The book Primal Cravings has a couple of primal approved cracker recipes also. I personally usually just go with cut up raw vegetables for dipping.

Comment

I am particularly fond of tomatoes with pate they add the juiciness. I just make a pile of largish slices of tomato on a plate and spread on the pate on them, salt and pepper and enjoy, delish!!
          Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
          Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
          Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

A spoon!

Comment

rice crackers?

Comment

These crackers are like crack: Absolutely Gluten Free, Crackers, Original, 4.4 Oz (125g) (Pack of 3): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Ingredients
                Tapioca starch, water, potato starch, potato flour, expeller pressed palm oil, natural vinegar, honey, egg yolks, salt
                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

onions, cucumber & radish slices and celery sticks. Mmgh.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

We've been using fried green plantains for crackers, we like them better than most GF crackers. I haven't tried them with pate but they were yummy with goat cheese and salmon.
                    Tostones Recipe - Twice Fried Green Plantain Chips
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

What works really well is raw jicama. Nice and firm and flavor neutral. I always use it as a substitute for crackers, even for non-paleo people.
                      "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Cucumbers are my favorite--peel in stripes so they retain a grip and slice diagonally so they have a scooping edge.
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I've used this before: Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe | The Nourished Life

or, just a spoon
                          Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                            A spoon!
                            Exactly!

Or, at a froufrou dinner I went to recent I was served pâté on top of steak.
                            “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
                            Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

I love eating my pate with a fork and a bunch of veggies (like a side salad, etc.). We have a French place down the street that serves pate (the kind that's molded so it has gelatin on one edge and comes in thick slices... I cut off some of the pate, dab on some heavenly Dijon, capers, balsamic, and a cornichon, and *nom* - comes w/baby greens, cabbage/carrots, etc. Dressed in a basic vinaigrette. (I'm often sharing the dish, so I don't ask them to hold the toast points)

At home, and/or with softer pates, cucumber is probably what I'd do, but I might have to try some of these cracker recipes! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X