Ultimate hot chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate hot chocolate

My sister who has been primal a lot longer than I have put me onto this, its great at night before bed or with breakfast - I find I need a much smaller breakfast when I have this first.

I heaped teaspoon cocoa powder - or if feeling decadent, 1 square of high % cocoa dark chocolate
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    2-4 tablespoons coconut cream/ milk
    1 drizzle vanilla extract
    Hot water

In a mug. Delicious. Can also add a touch of honey if you find it too bitter, but personally I love the bitterness.
    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Sounds great! Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

I will also look forward to this drink..sounds good with the breakfast..

Comment

Originally posted by LucilaEverman View Post
        I will also look forward to this drink..sounds good with the breakfast..
        Sounds like you won't need breakfast after this!

Comment

I always used to add a pinch of chilli powder to hot chocolate to give it an awesome kick.

Comment

Ooh I will defo try a chilli kick!

Comment

Without this drink with breakfast I have a 3 egg omelette with chorizo, spinach, mushroom, leek and cheese. With it I had a boiled egg, and struggled to eat it. :-)

Comment

Cinnamon would also be a good addition.

Comment

Hot chocolate is one thing I miss intermittently but persistently (basically when cold and/or rainy days become intolerable). Unfortunately, I tried making hot chocolate with coconut milk before, and I thought it was gross. I do tolerate coconut milk with berries and/or in smoothies. I am glad you like it though.

I just chew cocoa bits now or add them to a mushed banana or almond butter.

Maybe I just should use Devon Cream?
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                    Hot chocolate is one thing I miss intermittently but persistently (basically when cold and/or rainy days become intolerable). Unfortunately, I tried making hot chocolate with coconut milk before, and I thought it was gross. I do tolerate coconut milk with berries and/or in smoothies. I am glad you like it though.

I just chew cocoa bits now or add them to a mushed banana or almond butter.

Maybe I just should use Devon Cream?
                    After I gave up milk I used to make hot chocolate with water, then topping it up with heavy cream.

Comment

Ground ginger might also be nice. I know it goes well in chai tea...

Comment

Sounds yummy! Would work well in the winter.
                        Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                        34yrs old, 5'5"
                        CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                        GW: 135lbs or less
                        Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

After I gave up milk I used to make hot chocolate with water, then topping it up with heavy cream.
                          I think I will try this next time around I want hot chocolate. I don't think I have ever used cream in a drink, so something new
                          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                          X