What are you having for dinner tonight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    ....... hot-dog sized branch of turmeric root cooked in bacon grease,......
    How did that go?

Unusual to find such a large piece of turmeric - the tender ones are usually no more than finger sized. Wasn't it tough and stringy? And do you really enjoy the taste of that much of it?

PS: Just in case you felt inclined to try candying turmeric like it's close cousin ginger - don't. It really doesn't work.

Comment

How did that go?

Unusual to find such a large piece of turmeric - the tender ones are usually no more than finger sized. Wasn't it tough and stringy? And do you really enjoy the taste of that much of it?

PS: Just in case you felt inclined to try candying turmeric like it's close cousin ginger - don't. It really doesn't work.
      I like it, it's crunchy like a carrot! Not stringy at all. Taste? It has a flavor. I can eat it. Whole foods sells it in giant branches, much like ginger. I won't try to candy it, lol. Thanks for the heads up!
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        I like it, it's crunchy like a carrot! Not stringy at all. Taste? It has a flavor. I can eat it. Whole foods sells it in giant branches, much like ginger. I won't try to candy it, lol. Thanks for the heads up!
        Not Whole Foods--Central Market is the place that sells turmeric. Both are expensive yuppie stores, so it's easy to confuse them!

Comment

Oh, silly me. Thanks, wifey!
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

No problem! I switch their names around all the time, as you well know

Comment

A pound of chicken breast with a KG of sweet potato covered in maple syrup.

Dessert? KG Bag of grapes, frozen.
              Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
              https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
              MFP Food Diary:
              http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
              (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Stuffed zucchini with wild rucula salad

IMG_0254 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

Kenyan airline food 30000 feet in the air. Pre Ordered the gluten free option, I wonder what it will bring me ????
                  Already had crap airport terminal food just now, can only get better?

London UK

Comment

Primal moussaka and a huge green salad.

Comment

Some stir-fry containing the following:

Ground beef
                      Cabbage
                      Jalapeno
                      Cilantro
                      Red Bell Pepper
                      Zucchini
                      Yellow Onion
                      Garlic
                      Jasmine Rice
                      The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
                        A pound of chicken breast with a KG of sweet potato covered in maple syrup.

Dessert? KG Bag of grapes, frozen.
                        WOW, is this post workout? I remember I used to eat this PWO after a 24 hour fast XD

Azuki beans soup with homemade mochi balls here for dinner.
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Bulgogi and rice in lettuce wraps, roasted cauliflower, cucumber
                          Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                          34yrs old, 5'5"
                          CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                          GW: 135lbs or less
                          Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

I just started trying a few recipes this week & this is what I attempted:
                            Simple One-Pan Skillet Enchiladas {Gluten-Free} | One Good Thing by Jillee Instead of using corn tortillas I used this recipe: Teriffic Tortillas | MalikaDuke.com. When I attempted to fry the tortillas I thought something wasn't quite right. I think I forgot to add the baking soda & the cream of tartar. Anyways, they didn't look at all like tortillas, more like fried cornbread. I just broke them all up and put them in the meat mixture like I knew what I was doing.
                            It was all eaten and no one complained about not having regulation corn tortillas.
                            My dh & ds are so excited because I started cooking bacon again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
                              Kenyan airline food 30000 feet in the air. Pre Ordered the gluten free option, I wonder what it will bring me ????
                              Already had crap airport terminal food just now, can only get better?

London UK
                              I'm totally curious as to what they bring you!

Comment

Butter chicken.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X