Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kind of fighting a cold or flu (not sure which but I think I headed it off with an early dose of vit c) so tonight it is...


    ... Egg drop soup made with bone broth and thickened with more gelatin instead of flour. Craving fake Chinese food. Hehe. I might try primal sweet & sour soup one of these days too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

    Comment


    • Bangers & Mash tonight ...

      Debbie & Andrew's 97% Pork Sausages, roasted sweet potato (instant mash), loads of butter and a mushroom gravy made from leftover cooking stock from a beef brisket. Yum!

      Harrogate Pork Sausages - debbie & andrews
      Paul
      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

      "... needs more fish!"

      Comment


      • If anyone has an Eddie Merlot's in town, the New Orleans grill: small fillet, andouille, and shrimp. Potatoes. No croutons on the salad, plus anchovies, shared creamed (more like cheesed omgyum) spinach and cheesecake with the table.

        I definitely recommend this place by the way. They have their own in house butcher apparently, so you can get lots of wacky cuts like bone in tenderloin and tomahawk steak.

        Comment


        • Chicken livers pilaff
          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...rs-recipe.html


          From London England UK

          Comment


          • I have some swordfish, some leftover mashed potato, some spinach and some purple sprouting broccoli. I also have a boiled egg all good and ready, some smoked salmon and a fresh jar of pickled gherkins. Looks like I have starter and main sorted ...

            If the apples from the garden and the last of the blackberries are stewed enough, I'll make up an almond flour and butter crumble with cream for afters.

            The cats are having haddock. Tails and scraps that I get from the local chippy.
            Paul
            http://www.pjgh.co.uk
            http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

            "... needs more fish!"

            Comment


            • Half a liter of juice (spinach, cucumber, carrot, ginger, celery and apple).
              A cup of olives and potato fries.
              Few but ripe.

              Comment


              • Mainly oven baked french fries and calf liver with tons of onions slowly cooked in butter.
                Will probably have some fruits, sheep yogurt, and other odd bits.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pjgh View Post
                  I have some swordfish, some leftover mashed potato, some spinach and some purple sprouting broccoli. I also have a boiled egg all good and ready, some smoked salmon and a fresh jar of pickled gherkins. Looks like I have starter and main sorted ....
                  Love swordfish! Ever feel guilty about the mercury or could you care less? Even though I know the selenium content in the fish tends to negate the mercury, I still cannot wrap my head around eating too much (or any) of it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                    Kind of fighting a cold or flu (not sure which but I think I headed it off with an early dose of vit c) so tonight it is...


                    ... Egg drop soup made with bone broth and thickened with more gelatin instead of flour. Craving fake Chinese food. Hehe. I might try primal sweet & sour soup one of these days too.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                    I'd be curious to know your recipe! Hope you're feeling better!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      I love the British. Dude isn't even offended by my "Let Me Google That For You" link. Jolly well done, old man. Rubbish!

                      But yeah, Meatzza is awesome times eleventy.
                      THIS IS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE VERY SOON! I've seen it before and it's official! Ha ha.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                        Love swordfish! Ever feel guilty about the mercury or could you care less? Even though I know the selenium content in the fish tends to negate the mercury, I still cannot wrap my head around eating too much (or any) of it.
                        Nah, I don't even think about it.
                        Paul
                        http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                        http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

                        "... needs more fish!"

                        Comment


                        • We've my folks around tonight, kids and their partners, too, so we need a good "everyone dive in" meal ... we've got pescetarians, folks who hate fish and primals around the table, so ...

                          Fish and chicken tortillas with all the accompaniments ... should be something in there for everyone.
                          Paul
                          http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                          http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

                          "... needs more fish!"

                          Comment


                          • Brined pork shanks (boil then roast) smashed celeriac & spinach


                            From London England UK

                            Comment


                            • Figure I should post the Korean food here too. So far we've had:

                              Samgyupsal (grilled pork belly, lettuce wraps, red pepper paste, garlic, onions, and magic)

                              Spicy chicken soup (comes in a huge bowl that you let cook at your table, basically a whole chicken cut up into chunks, potatoes, mushrooms, leeks, rice cake, and a delicious spicy broth)

                              Going to try for hangover soup tonight. Basically the second best thing to come out of Korea, the first of course being the pork belly.

                              Comment


                              • I think it's going to be veggies and chicken in the wok....
                                My story, My thought....

                                It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X