Alternatives to guacamole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to guacamole

Say you've been eating guacamole on your salads. It starts with spinach & romaine, tomatoes, cheese, green & black olives, cheese, sunflower seeds, jalapeno chips, sometimes some pico de gallo, and whatever leftover meat I have around.

Ok, but what if I'm getting tired of guacamole? I've never liked vinegar & oil. Maybe some crushed, spiced tomato thing?

naked salald (salt & spice)
    home-made mayo if you can tolerate eggs
    roast garlic
    kefir or diluted yogurt if you tolerate dairy
    just vinegar with dill & water & let it pickle for a few minutes
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Tzatziki Sauce

Tzatziki Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com
      Greek Tzatziki Sauce with Garlic and Dill Recipe – The Lemon Bowl

Also maybe, google things like "duck fat hollandaise" or "bacon fat hollandaise" if you're looking for creamy.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

That's a toughie, olives and avocados are my go-to liquid fats.

If the flavor of oil is a problem maybe try a dressing with macadamia oil, it's very neutral.
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Oh, yeah, speaking of oils, seasme oil with lemon juice or vinegar and garlick, chili flakes maketh a kick ass oriental dressing (and you can add however much fish sauce, vinegar, lemon, honey, spice, garlic, or use straight sesame to taste). I love it on slaws!

And, mustard-oil-vinegar and water shaken together is another fav oil-vinegar mask of mine.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

My not-very-food-savvy mother shoveled wasabi on her salad at the salad bar once. I hear they had to stop her from eating it.

Comment

Working...
            X