Working with Tapioca Flour......please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Tapioca Flour......please advise

so I understand this flour has barely skipped by as being approved as primal....my question is in regards to using it for Pancakes/crepes - what can I add to it to make fluffier pancakes?

I tried this which was ok -

1/4 cup Tapioca flour
    1 egg
    1 banana
    2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk

it was good but very thin - just looking for other options with Tapioca flour

Thanks~!

Maybe some baking soda and lemon juice...
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

What about coconut flour and gelatine?

Also was thinking of carbonated water to fluff em up

Comment

Why not try 1 banana or plantain with 2 eggs as only ingredients? There is a whole thread about this recipe and variations on it, I love them.

Comment

I don't think carbonated water would work in baking. You probably just need some baking soda.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            I don't think carbonated water would work in baking. You probably just need some baking soda.
            Actually, it does. You just can't expect your batter not to go flat if you take too long.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
              Why not try 1 banana or plantain with 2 eggs as only ingredients? There is a whole thread about this recipe and variations on it, I love them.
              I second that, it has become one of my favorites....
              The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
              SW - 192
              CW - 180
              GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Comment

Baking soda or powder??

Comment

If you use baking soda, I would probably add a teaspoon of lemon juice or rice vinegar to the almond milk. Then add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda with the tapioca flour. With baking powder, you could just add 1/4 to a 1/2 teaspoon with no additional acid.
                  Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

Just had some banana pancakes. I added a pinch of baking soda to a mixture of 1medium banana, 2 Eggs and some cinnamon. Made smal pancakes so they would turn easy. They puffed up nicely and tasted great.

Comment

Working...
                    X