Korean BBQ at home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean BBQ at home?

I'm looking for a good place to start on making my own Korean BBQ at home. I don't mean just "Korean BBQ" Marinated [protein]. I mean sitting around the table, with a small grill (in my case an electric faberware) and grilling our own meat and veggies.

I can find tons of recipes for marinades and such, just looking for a shopping list or guide for a fun night with the Mrs. Has anybody had any experience with doing this at home?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

No but that sounds like so much fun. I am going to google around and I will let you know if I find something. Hopefully someone here has experience with it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'm lucky I live in an area with the biggest Korean community outside Korea !! New malden . Got 100s restaurant bbqs on my door step.

London

Comment

Can you be more specific please Ryan ? I'm not that far away !!!!

Comment

New malden , Surrey.

I recommend 2 places
          Jee cee neh in Burlington road
          Cah chi in raynes park

These are the best 2 I've been to.

Just b careful as you never know what they put soy sauce in , marinades , sauces etc.

London

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

So I've been asking around. I actually have a few Korean friends. After their initial response, which was unanimously "go to k-town!" I found out that the thin sliced beef they use is usually purchased from Costco. I imagine it's either flank steak or flap meat.
              Next is the obvious kimchi. Luckily there is an asian market nearby and I can pick it up from there. It's interesting that the asian market really does mean asia. As in, all that is asiatic. Thailand to Japan and everywhere in between; so unfortunately they are not setup as a one-stop-shop for homemade Korean BBQ.
              I am slowly assembling my primal-friendly Korean BBQ. Wish me luck
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Comment

Working...
              X