Your favourite steak cut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done ribeye !
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

I love a good ribeye, too - my husband can grill it like nobody's business.

Last night, he grilled ribeye for me, NY strip for him, and some shrimp for both of us. It was amazing, and I think I'm finally wooing him over to the primal side of life

Comment

Ribeye, hands down.
        High Weight: 225
        Weight at start of Primal: 189
        Current Weight: 174
        Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Top sirloin, hands down!

Comment

Rib eye
            Porterhouse
            Boneless beef ribs, cooked medium rare.
            ------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Anything diaphragm-ey. Hanger/skirt/flank. Close second: all the other ones.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Are there any that aren't downright delicious...:-) I've recently been enjoying my cheap cuts, cooked in a stew or braised. There's something satisfying about taking the cheaper cuts and making them delicious.
                Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Originally posted by Owen View Post
                  Are there any that aren't downright delicious...:-)
                  But I do love a rib eye or a filet!
                  Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Rib eye, followed by Fillet.

Now that we routinely buy two cows a year I've eaten a lot of porterhouse steak, and I've got to say, I don't understand what all of the fuss is about that cut of meat.
                    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

As long as it is warm in the middle with blood still dripping out I am happy.....very rare!!

Comment

Flat Iron. My favorite balance of price, chewiness, flavor. My local farmer raises Longhorn cattle which are awesome!

Comment

I actually really love ground beef - Probably because it's fattier!

Comment

Brisket ... no question!
                            Paul
                            http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                            http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Originally posted by Owen View Post
                              I've recently been enjoying my cheap cuts, cooked in a stew or braised. There's something satisfying about taking the cheaper cuts and making them delicious.
                              I am yet to figure out how to do that.

Comment

Ribeye (medium rare) or skirt/flank, rare and sliced thin against the grain.

But if we're just talking about the tastiest part of the cow, my favorite cuts are shanks, oxtails, and marrow bones. Om nom nom.

Comment

Working...
                                X