Egg free pancake anybody?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg free pancake anybody?

Hi, Does anybody have an egg free primal pancake recipe! Eggs don't seem to sit with me right at the moment :-(

All the posts about pancakes make me want one!

What's primal to you? Do you accept rice flour? I have made pancakes with a blend of 4:1 white rice flour and sweet rice flour, baking powder, water, and plenty of melted butter.

Comment

I'm trying to be quite strict! I have got some almond flour and coconut flour! But they've not been used as of yet :-(

Comment

I understand that a mix of coconut flour and tapioca flour is useful, but I've never tried it, so I couldn't even guess what it to create a recipe with the flavor and texture we expect in pancakes.

Both almond flour and coconut flour are often used with eggs, because they have no "stickiness".

Comment

Topica flour? Never heard of that! No your right, just wished eggs sat with me ok. Hopefully once I've worked out the triggers for my IBS, I can introduce them in the future in some way:-). Maybe i'll have to find an egg free primal bread recipe instead :-)

Comment

A common egg substitute is 1 tbsp ground chia + 3 tbsp water stirred together but I can't say how it performs in specific recipes. Seeds give me more gut weirdness than eggs.
            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only one with odd food intolerances. The other day I had tomatoes and peppers uncooked. Stomach pain was unbearable :-( . Can I ask what are chia seeds?

Comment

Originally posted by Brophski View Post
                Can I ask what are chia seeds?
                Tiny flower seed that's very absorbent--when ground up used as a thickener in yogurt etc. Fancy food stores will probably carry the Nutiva brand. Nuts dot com sells white chia flour too.
                37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Ground flax can also be used to replace eggs, at least in baking. To substitute one egg, mix a tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water and mix well. No idea how well this would work for pancakes, though.
                  I'd be interested to find out if you do come across an egg-free recipe...I'm off eggs at the moment, and sometimes Sunday breakfast just calls for pancakes

Comment

I pinned this pretty cool recipe - it says it's "bread" but you could totally make it pancake style! And there are NO EGGS!
                    pumpkin plantain bread | Get In My Mouth Recipes

Comment

Try deep-frying or roasting apple or banana slices.
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guy/girls, I was going to make a pancake today but settled with sausages, bacon and some rice :-) lol, just like yesterday....

Comment

Originally posted by Brophski View Post
                          Thanks for all the replies guy/girls, I was going to make a pancake today but settled with sausages, bacon and some rice :-) lol, just like yesterday....
                          Meat tends to win over any other food in my book!

Comment

Working...
                          X