Stewing beef??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaceyUK View Post
    I use beef to make chilli.....oxtail is my favourite cut as it has loads of gooey goodness from all the connective tissue. I am not sharing my chilli recipe as it is a trade secret but there are lots of recipes out there that are easily converted to primal. Nachos, which are the best thing to eat with chilli imho, are more of a challenge but I have a few ideas up my sleeve.
    I do love oxtail - but ox cheek is my favourite cut.

Comment

If you have the kitchenaid mixer with meat grinder attachment, grind it and make tacos, burgers, meatloaf, etc.
      If you don't have the mixer/grinder, I highly recommend getting it for these situations. Then you can make either stew or some ground meat dish depending on what you're in the mood for. Also, a whole chuck roast will last longer in the fridge than ground meat and I find the texture of freshly ground meat to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by youtacolot View Post
        If you have the kitchenaid mixer with meat grinder attachment, grind it and make tacos, burgers, meatloaf, etc.
        If you don't have the mixer/grinder, I highly recommend getting it for these situations. Then you can make either stew or some ground meat dish depending on what you're in the mood for. Also, a whole chuck roast will last longer in the fridge than ground meat and I find the texture of freshly ground meat to be better.
        I can't tell you how much I would loooove to have a mixer!! But I don't see myself getting one anytime soon! Maybe I can get one for Christmas! hah.

To breadsauce : You really should try it, its so delicious, I just wanted something different to make because my brother was coming for dinner, and he's had my stroganoff a few times! Otherwise, I could make it all the time. I've made it with red wine as well ( de-glazing the pot after browning beef and onion, but I don't like the taste of wine while cooking so I just use straight beef stock, but you could give the wine a go, if you like that sort of thing! )
        There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears, get over your hill and see what you'll find there, with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Comment

Chili

Korean Braised Beef (korean braised beef shortribs recipe // galbi jjim // the secret formula for awesome korean bbq | bake. bite. hate.) This recipe calls for shortribs but I've done it with cubed beef and it worked fine. Sub coconut aminos for the soy sauce.

Panang Beef Curry (Panang Beef Thai Curry | Paleo Parents)

I have also seasoned the beef with salt and pepper, tossed it in a dutch oven with water about halfway covering the meat, and a tablespoon of tomato paste (or splash of vinegar or lemon juice), some garlic and a dash of red pepper and let it simmer till tender. Scoop out the beef with a slotted spoon and set aside, reduce the liquid till its thick (sometimes adding cream or butter, and salt and pepper to taste) to create a gravy. Serve with "rice" (grated cauliflower) and roast veggies and/or salad. Cheap "steak" dinner.
          See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

Head over to America' Test Kitchen and look up their recipe for Catalan style beef stew. It really is fantastic, and easy to make in the oven. One special ingredient you'll need is smoked paprika.

Another good one Ive found is the Real Texas Chile con Carne from seriouseats.com. For that you will need some dried chiles.

I love good slow-cooked beef recipes using tough cuts (chuck, short ribs, shank etc)…there is nothing more satisfying IMO.

Comment

My hubby ended up making a Goulash with it. But I never got to try it, he didn't save me any! Apparently the kids gobbled it all up, which is what counts in my books.

I so appreciate all of you giving some ideas, it feels really nice to have this kind of support, which I wasn't getting at home. ( I am now though, since my hubby has seen all the changes in me )
              I will be trying many of the suggestions that have been given. I might have to buy several packages of stew beef now =D
              There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears, get over your hill and see what you'll find there, with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Comment

Working...
              X