Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck Eggs: Need suggestion?

Hi all,

My friend (who has chickens and ducks) was oh so generous to give me a dozen duck and chicken eggs. It's like a combination of several different chicken and duck eggs. Some are small, some are big, some are brown.

Anyway, I have never had duck eggs before. Any suggestions? Should I just cook 'em sunny side up?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

You can cook them just the same. Just be prepared for a slightly different texture.

Comment

I am so jealous. Free duck eggs. Not fair at all.

Comment

Goose eggs are great too. I have found they make the fluffiest omelettes.

Comment

yes, omelettes cooked in duck fat.

Comment

creme brulee or custard
            banana & egg pancakes
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Duck eggs have a larger yoke than chicken eggs, and the white of the egg is a bit more rubbery when cooked. Duck eggs were favored for cakes because they added to the color of the crumb. I like them scrambled or in omletes.

Comment

I always have to make the same suggestion when duck eggs are brought up - deviled duck eggs are awesome.

Comment

I love duck egg custards. Their slightly stiffer, smoother texture is perfect in a custard. They are also great in a frittata. I've been using 1/3 duck and 2/3 chicken. I understand they're great for baking too, but I don't know if that means with wheat flour or if they're great with any flour.
                  50yo, 5'3"
                  SW-195
                  CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                  GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Working...
                  X