Drinks anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks anyone?

I am so tired of water all the time. I do drink coffee in the morning but that's about it. I'm not crazy about herbal tea and despise hot tea. I really love regular old iced tea and don't really like green tea by itself. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried Zevia sodas? They are sodas sweetened with stevia. They've got this ginger root flavored one which actually tastes more like iced tea in my opinion.

I also like a smoothie every so often. Buy a bag of frozen strawberries, grab a handfull, and blend in one banana, some spinach, and liquid of your choice (yogurt, water, fruit juice...)

As for water, I have started squeezing a lemon slice into it. Just a little lemon makes water less boring.

Wine?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Crio bru,
      sparling water with lemon or lime
      Kombucha
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

just ask this also .. here are the responses

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread85794.html
        04/23/2012 Max Weight : 448 lbs
        01/01/2014 Initial Weight : 428 lbs
        06/23/2015 Current weight : 288 lbs
        12/31/2015 Goal weight : 208 lbs

Comment

I don't like lemon in my water at all, unfortunately. I have heard of Zevia, might try it and yes I love wine!

Comment

Wine, Wine and more Wine!

Comment

Coke Zero with a splash of organic lime juice and ice! In the evening I use to pour some Bacardi rum into it as well...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Sometimes I like to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge with slices of cucumber in it...sliced ginger would be pretty awesome too, I think.
                If you don't like lemon, there's always lime, orange or grapefruit.
                If herbal tea is out, brew up some regular old iced tea, just sweeten with honey or stevia instead of 5 pounds of white sugar.
                Soda water with berries in it is delicious.

Comment

Rooibos Chai

Crio Bru

Teeccino

Comment

I love plain iced tea, no sugar. Paleobird - I will have to research our suggestions, I don't know what ANY of those drinks are except for chai!! lol

Comment

so what's wrong with unsweetened tea? hot or cold?
                      Sandra
                      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

You can try the freeze coffee, it is very delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                          Have you tried Zevia sodas? They are sodas sweetened with stevia.
                          I did, unfortunately. I bought a couple cases in various flavors, hated every one. They're really revolting. That's why I'm back to Coke Zero.

--

What would Andy Taylor do?

Comment

Originally posted by NATLES View Post
                            I love plain iced tea, no sugar. Paleobird - I will have to research our suggestions, I don't know what ANY of those drinks are except for chai!! lol
                            Rooibos is a South African plant, not technically a tea at all. Zero caffeine and zero diuretic properties. Delicious all by itself or with a chai spice mix added. The Tea Spot.com is a good place to look.

Crio Bru is ground roasted chocolate that brews like coffee.

Teeccino is another roasted beverage made out of roots and seeds.

Add coconut cream to any of the above for even more yumminess.

Comment

I'm a mostly plain water gal, but for special occasions, I make a pitcher of water with cucumber and mint for tea breaks and the like, and I squeeze a red grapefruit for a cocktail hour drink. The sweet/sour/bitter reminds of me of a Campari & soda, and the color is pretty enough to make it a satisfying non-alcoholic drink.

Comment

Working...
                              X