How do you dress your salads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you dress your salads?

We all know that eating our veggies without any fat, doesn't do us any good in terms of absorbing nutrients! So...

How do you DRESS YOUR SALAD?!

Personally, I love topping my salads with grilled vegetables (drowning in olive oil), olive tapenade, and fatty fish... Expand my palette with your ideas!

I sprinkle on salt, grind black or white pepper, a little cider or wine vinegar, some olive oil, and then just push it around a bit.

Comment

-can of sardines in olive-oil
      -rendered lard/tallow
      -double cream or butter
      -nuts and seeds/tahini
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

I'm eating a salad right now which consists of spinach with shredded chicken, butternut squash, sliced almonds, and chia seeds, topped with sesame oil and rice vinegar. Delicious!

Comment

@SpitFire - Yum! I love butternut squash on salads!! Sounds like you're getting ample fat to absorb those nutrients!
          @CiKi90 - I am totally stealing your recipe....... That sounds amazing. I could see it dressing a delicious seared tuna salad with sesame seeds and grilled asparagus!
          @Kochin - Sardines in oil on salads = AMAZING!
          @eKatherine - Simple, light and delicious! Never fail

Comment

You can make mayo based dressings that get you some fat and protein to go with your greenery.

Basic mayo is two eggs in a blender whizzed up then drizzle in very slowly oil of your choice until desired thickness occurs (about a cup). I like avocado oil for this.

From there you can add some balsamic and some anchovies for a caesar dressing or lemon and mustard or whatever tickles your tastebuds.

Comment

Someone suggested guacamole to me, and that's what I've been doing. It works great, and I've been adding chicken, ham, turkey, green & black olives, etc.

Comment

My favorite salad is taco so:
                - 1 blob sour cream mixed with Cholula or Tabasco
                - 1 blob of guacamole

For chef or Cobb salads (with wand blender):
                - 6 oz. macadamia or avocado oil
                - 2 oz. white wine vinegar
                - black pepper (or dried herbs)
                - mustard
                - blue cheese crumble
                - anchovies (small tin)

In a sealed glass jar it keeps for a long time
                37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Or my all time favorite salad:

Meat Salad - Epic Meal Time - YouTube

Comment

^ as above ... and ... Avocado oil and lime juice.
                    Paul
                    http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                    http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Bacon, boiled eggs and chopped onion

Comment

Making a vinaigrette is definitely my go to: 3 parts oil (usually olive or sesame), 1 part acid (lemon juice, red wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, etc.). Whisk it all together until it emulsifies and then add any herbs and spices you like.

I also like taking a ripe avocado and mashing it into the salad, it kind of turns into a creamy dressing on it's own after a minute or so of stirring.

Comment

Homemade blue cheese dressing (me), homemade thousand island (husband) or raspberry/walnut vinaigrette.

Comment

Also I like to have contrasting textures on salads. So if the greens are soft and leafy then I make sure to add some crunchy things like nuts or seeds, and if the greens are more crispy then I add some softer, creamier things like avocado or cheese.

Comment

I like set of 4oz gloves and a glittery pink tutu on mine.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                              X