How do you dress your salads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    I like set of 4oz gloves and a glittery pink tutu on mine.
    LOL.

I don't eat cold veggies too often, but tomatoes with a can of sardines on top is nice. If the oil from the sardines isn't enough, I add a little olive oil and lemon juice. That's more of an "I want to eat something right now" meal than a planned out salad.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Sometimes I'll put ground beef, tomato, cucumber and top it with a mix of yellow mustard ACV.

I experiment and make my own dressings. the last one was a mix of macadamia nut oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, ginger, garlic powder, cilantro and a dash of cayenne pepper. It was very good.

I want to try this brand of salad dressings... About Our Product - Tessemaes All Natural

Comment

A couple of poached or lightly fried eggs along with some oil/vinegar combo.

Comment

Lemon juice and/or vinegar. I used to do olive oil and vinegar, but I am finding adding olive oil to be pointless to the taste, so why bother with the extra?
          Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
          Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
          Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
          F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

I like salads the way I like women.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Deane View Post
              Green and leafy?
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                Green and leafy?
                That's one possible answer. Fresh and natural could be another. And not dressed at all comes to mind.

Comment

I like my men covered in bleu cheese dressing, but I still don't much like cold veggies/salads.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

That's one possible answer. Fresh and natural could be another. And not dressed at all comes to mind.
                    Or cold and fresh from the chiller drawer...
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Being italian in origins, I like the fat + acid combination on salads (actually on any kind of chopped raw vegetables).

So the "rule" is:

- Acid: vinegar / balsamic vinegar / lemon juice
                      - Fat: extra virgin oil of olive

Salt to taste.

Comment

I'm still on my "lime" thing ... fresh lime with olive oil, or what ever meat fat is going on the salad ....
                        Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

Take the salad, add a pound of meat, remove everything else including those pesky nutrient-blocking leaves and junk, and eat the meat.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

covered in olive oil and bacon bits? I think salads in mini skirts would be pretty sexy...
                            Last edited by ssn679doc; 05-30-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I like raspberry vinagrette, especially on pear/bacon/gorgonzola salad, or on spinach/bacon salad:

1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
                              1 TBS fresh thyme (or equivalent dried)
                              1 large shallot
                              2 TBS dijon mustard
                              1 cup olive oil

Whirl together in blender at high speed until emulsified.

Comment

Annie's goddess dressing and jalapeños!

Comment

Working...
                                X