pyrophosphate*(maintain color)
    salt
    Prepared in vegetable oil
    Canola oil
    corn oil
    soybean oil
    hydrogenated soybean oil*
    with TBHQ*
    and citric acid* added to preserve freshness).
    Dimethylpolysiloxane* added as an antifoaming agent.

Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
      Dimethylpolysiloxane* added as an antifoaming agent.
      Just like Grandma used to make!
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Off topic but when McDonalds stopped cooking their fries in tallow and switched to vegetable oil, that's the day the fry died.
        yup, I remember getting an order of fries the day after the local McD's switched the oil and thinking that they tasted like sh!&
        Don't be so concerned about yesterday, or worried about tomorrow, that you forget to enjoy today.

Comment

I second or third the french fries. I've done them in tallow and in duck fat - both are awesome. I recently tried tallow to fry eggs and it was wonderful - even better than lard.

I don't have a deep fryer, so I parboil the fat fries (fat as in wide) first, let them drip dry in a colander, then fry them in animal fat at a fairly high temp to get them crispy.

You could do homefries this way, also - just cut the potatoes in chunks instead of strips. Throw some scrambled eggs on top and it's delicious primal poor people food!
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Off topic but when McDonalds stopped cooking their fries in tallow and switched to vegetable oil, that's the day the fry died.
            Originally posted by Shotglass View Post
            yup, I remember getting an order of fries the day after the local McD's switched the oil and thinking that they tasted like sh!&
            Julia agreed with you.
            1995 Clip: Julia Child on McDonald's French Fries - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I'm so full of myself that I just thought "She's in good company."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              Don't be so concerned about yesterday, or worried about tomorrow, that you forget to enjoy today.

Comment

Working...
              X