No announcement yet.

How do you like your goat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I lived in Africa I was eating goat a lot. We couldn't get 'cuts' though. It was more like, "I'll have 1kg" and you get a mix of bone and various connective tissues and some meat as well. Needless to say it wasn't very tender so I always cooked it in the pressure cooker.

Put your meat in the cooker and add maybe 1/2 cup water. My go to goat spices were chili powder, parsley, salt pepper and curry powder. Once the pot is up to pressure let it cook for about 13min and it comes out so tender. I loved it. The leftover juice I guess you could save but I couldn't because there was no electricity.
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

Alive, eating grass in my yard. Please don't tell "Sonic" that I even looked at this thread or that I sometimes have goat meat in the freezer.

Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Cool. I think I have enough info to finally take the chops out of the freezer in a few days (large amount of beef to go through).

Curry powder, ginger, citrus (always on hand), some liquid - the start of a marinade. My griddler - heat source. I'm good to go. What would I do without you all?

Don't worry, Pebbles, I'll keep your secret from Sonic. A beautiful beast by the way.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I know you are way fancier than this, but slow cooked (ideally in its own skin or a dairy can through the use of hot rocks ) with onions, carrots and potatoes (garlic would probably be good too).

Comment

I'm laughing at me being fancy, since I am a devotee of Paula Deen. I like your idea except I may be one of the least outdoorsy people on this forum. Hot rocks? Where can I buy those? (Kidding of course.)
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
            X