No announcement yet.

Share your PRIMAL "ice cream" recipes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your PRIMAL "ice cream" recipes!

Hey Everyone - I made a video about how disgusting conventional ice cream is... And it got me thinking about some awesome ice cream replacement ideas.

I am pretty sure you all have some phenomenal ideas - LETS HEAR THEM!

What are your replacement ideas? Do tell! My fav is frozen bananas and fresh pineapple. If I'm really hungry or just want an even creamier mouth feel I'll add almond butter. Raw cacao powder is a good extra to throw in there, as are medjool dates. Freshly grated coconut, berries........ I could go on
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

You could throw some cocao powder in a blender with ice, water and stevia (if you use it - I certainly do)... The stevia makes it blend nice and smoothly, delish!

Frozen blended bananas are definitely a popular idea... But you could get creative and maybe try... Butternut squash perhaps?

Mixing coconut milk with pumpkin could also work pretty well.

Man, I am making myself drool, ha ha ah!

Comment

Have you ever tried avocado? You can use overripe avocado for an ice cream base. If you mash it and put it in a baggie, it blends really well when it's time to throw it in the blender. And the richness is off the charts! Whatever you add to it pretty much totally masks the taste of avocado, so you just get the creaminess without the flavor. It goes really well with berries and dates.

I have tried butternut squash! It went well with pumpkin and cinnamon and dates, if I recall correctly.
        be the hair that knots with my hair
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Nummy pumpkin or butternut squash with homemade yogurt or sour cream, a banana, and cinnamon: blend and freeze. Nice with bananas and raspberries, too, instead of the squash.

Oh yes, vanilla is nice in there, too.
          Last edited by Glenview; 04-30-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Whip some cream. Mash some bananas. Mix together with some dried fruit and a splash of Vanilla Essence, then put in the freezer for 4 hours.

Stir halfway through to prevent the outside from going solid while the middle is not.

Take from the freezer and rest at room temperature for 30 mins before serving.

Serve with dark chocolate either grated or melted over the top.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I got those from somewherr on the net and it is fucking fantastic.

3 eggs, seperated.
              1 tbsp olive oil
              1 tbsp orange juice
              1 tbsp sucanat or coconut sugar or brown sugar, or honey.
              1 tbsp vanilla

Whip the whites to stiff peaks
              Beat the yolks with the sugar until fluffy And pale
              Add juice and vanilla to yolk batter and mix
              Drizzle in olive oil to yolks until well combined
              Fold in egg whites then put in freezer container and pop in the freezer for a awhile

It doesn't get get ultra rock hard and stays light and soft and is delicious. One could also eat the entire batch in one go as its only about 320 cals.

Comment

I recently came across a recipe for Avocado, Coconut Ice Cream... Not sure how that would taste but avocado doesn't have an overpowering flavor so it could be good. It's just coconut cream, avocados, liquid stevia, and lime juice & zest...

Another recipe I stumbled upon... straight up coconut ice cream made from obviously coconut, stevia, cardamom and coconut butter. Could be interesting!

Comment

Bulletproof Get Some Ice Cream:
                  http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/
                  Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

yeah.i think so,I have tried butternut squash! It went well with pumpkin and cinnamon and dates, if I recall correctly.

Comment

I have sweetened cream, flavored it with powdered tea, and poured it into ice pop forms to freeze.

Comment

INGREDIENTS
                        Mango puree - 1 cups (puree from about 3 mangoes)
                        Heavy whipping cream - 1 cups
                        Sugar - cup + more (1/4 cup of sugar is perfect to sweeten the cream + more as required as per your mangoes' sweetness)
                        Pure vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon

INSTRUCTIONS
                        1.Puree the mango with enough sugar to make it sweet.
                        2.Chill bowl, heavy cream and whisk in the freezer for 10 minutes for easier whipping.
                        3.Add cup of sugar to the cream and start beating it using whisk attachment till you get stiff peaks. Do not over beat otherwise it will curdle.
                        4.Then add pureed mango and vanilla.
                        5.Fold them in using spatula; pour it into a freezer safe shallow container. Cover it and let it half set. It will take about 4 hours.
                        6.Once half frozen then remove it to the blender and blend it into smooth, so ice crystal will break.
                        7.Pour it back to the same container. Cover with plastic wrap. Make sure that plastic touches to the surface of the ice cream. 8.Thus there will be no ice crystal on the surface once frozen.
                        9.Let it set completely. Scoop and serve.

Comment

Yes. Frozen blended bananas. Add raw cacao, or raspberries or chopped dates (they go quite chewy).
                          Eat clean. Be healthy - www.ahealthymeal.com

Comment

Cream (Some)
                            Frozen Wild Berries (Some)
                            Hand Blender

Pour cream into a bowl, berries on top, hand blender in, towel over (or it'll go EVERYWHERE) and blend. How much? Enough. How long? Long enough.

The frozen berries will thaw slightly with the unfrozen cream and the cold will freeze the cream slightly.

Voila! Instant ice cream!

You can re-freeze it, but smoosh it about after about half an hour. Scoop as per normal.
                            Paul
                            http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                            http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

I might have to try the egg one! Hmmmm
                              Last edited by SuziW; 05-19-2015, 01:55 AM. Reason: I reposted what I'd posted already... Doh!
                              Eat clean. Be healthy - www.ahealthymeal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X