Primal Pizza!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post
    wow that looks good to try - can I use flaxseeds instead of hemp?
    Yes, you could use flaxseed.

Originally posted by ayumi View Post
    I love this recipe -- made it twice, once with coconut oil and again with olive oil. The kids preferred the coconut oil version, especially when split in half and rolled out to a barely cracker-like texture. My husband doesn't like it, but I'm hoping to win him over with a butter version.

The only quibble I have with this recipe is when we make pizza we have 5 hungry people to feed and usually have three (homemade) pizzas to cook for one meal. The cooking time for this recipe takes quite a while! Would it cook faster at a higher temperature without compromising the flavor and texture? Do we just need a bigger pan?
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I think you could definitely try a higher heat, maybe 400. Also, if you have a pizza stone, you could heat that up in the oven first and that would help it cook faster. I usually make 2 pizzas for our family and luckily I can cook them at the same time. I can understand your frustration with having to cook 3!
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

I'll always love eating pizza, I nearly did not make pizza dough.
      I've learned to make it from Chow to Make - You can make anything

Comment

I'm gonna give this a try. This looks really good but I will likely add some more meat and omit the cheese since I cannot have it.

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
          I'm gonna give this a try. This looks really good but I will likely add some more meat and omit the cheese since I cannot have it.
          You could even just brush the crust with olive oil or pesto instead of marinara and add some meat and veggies. I bet it would be great! Please let me know what you think if you try it
          www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

That looks like heaven! If only I could eat cheese!

Comment

I guess you could use baking cutters and make cracker ish things for dip.

Comment

so I made a great flourless pizza crust last week -

2 cup part skim mozzrella
                2 eggs
                4 ounce cream cheese
                1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded) from Costco
                Pizza Seasoning (Magic Seasoning Blends Herbal Pizza and Pasta Magic)

Fantastic!

Comment

TanyaV
                  I am new here and still reading 21 day transformation book - planning on starting in 8 days, but between reading the book and injesting all I can on the site I wanted to acknowledge you for your feed the clan site/blog. I have little for food after bills and really found your site informative and hopeful to shift my kids from junk food mixed with great food to just primal healthy lifestyles.
                  I am also a social worker who often brings food to client from the food pantry. Lately I just feel I am delivering more poison...need a local movement for helping those on low incomes to live primal.
                  gigi

Comment

Originally posted by gigihein View Post
                    TanyaV
                    I am new here and still reading 21 day transformation book - planning on starting in 8 days, but between reading the book and injesting all I can on the site I wanted to acknowledge you for your feed the clan site/blog. I have little for food after bills and really found your site informative and hopeful to shift my kids from junk food mixed with great food to just primal healthy lifestyles.
                    I am also a social worker who often brings food to client from the food pantry. Lately I just feel I am delivering more poison...need a local movement for helping those on low incomes to live primal.
                    gigi
                    Thank you so much for the kind words I'm glad that I can be of help. Feel free to message me anytime if you have any questions or need ideas
                    www.feedtheclan.com

Comment

Working...
                    X