Primal Pizza!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I just made this. The dough was more like a giant lump of rubber. Very hard to mix the coconut flour and eggs in. I ended up putting it in my stand mixer for a little help. It was also hard to spread out on my tray. Looks great though now that the crust is baked. I am waiting for my husband to get home to finish it up. I wish he would hurry!
    The mixing part is kind of a pain. I just used my hands.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

We made this the other week and like everyone else, we found it to be amazing! I just wanted to share that my hubby reused the recipe to make a crust for a chicken pot pie using leftover roasted chicken. It came out so good!

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
        The mixing part is kind of a pain. I just used my hands.
        Yep, that's exactly what I do

Originally posted by jfaw1124 View Post
        We made this the other week and like everyone else, we found it to be amazing! I just wanted to share that my hubby reused the recipe to make a crust for a chicken pot pie using leftover roasted chicken. It came out so good!
        I'm so happy that you guys enjoyed it Great idea on the pot pie! I'll have to try that next. It's great to hear what people have come up with using the dough. I did something similar with bacon and cabbage that turned out fantastic. The possibilities with this dough are endless.
        www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Comment

Hello Dear Blackben
          i am also make many types of pizza at home when i am feel free.

Comment

Best PIZZA CRUST EVER! Replaced coconut oil with ghee for the less coconut taste and it was BEST EVER!

yum yum yum yum yum!

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaV View Post
              I made a primal pizza the other night that I think is really good. The crust is grain and nut free and you can hold it and fold it. I've tried a lot of other primal pizza crusts, mine isn't low carb, but it is much closer to traditional pizza. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Our Love Affair With Pizza | FEED THE CLAN

can you break down this recipe to feed 1-2 people?
              2000 + cals too much
              Last edited by fkjr2; 05-25-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaV View Post
                Hey Badkty22, I'm going to post this recipe as a new post as well, but I wanted to let you know that I made the low carb pizza and it turned out pretty good Here is the link:

Family Chow 5/3/13 - Also Low Carb Chicago & Thin Crust Style Pizza Recipes | FEED THE CLAN
                wow that looks good to try - can I use flaxseeds instead of hemp?

Comment

OMG. I made this pizza tonight with pineapple, bacon, and mozzarella cheese. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS. The slight hint of coconut didn't bother me. Went well with the pineapple actually The mixing process was kind of a pain and I was afraid it wasn't going to come out right, but it ended up smoothing out onto the parchment paper just fine. I may use my stand mixer next time to see if that's any better.
                  Thank you for this recipe!

Comment

Thanks, I will have to give that one a try soon- I will report back when I do!

Comment

Oh wow, I'm going to make this this weekend.

My journal

Comment

I love this recipe -- made it twice, once with coconut oil and again with olive oil. The kids preferred the coconut oil version, especially when split in half and rolled out to a barely cracker-like texture. My husband doesn't like it, but I'm hoping to win him over with a butter version.

The only quibble I have with this recipe is when we make pizza we have 5 hungry people to feed and usually have three (homemade) pizzas to cook for one meal. The cooking time for this recipe takes quite a while! Would it cook faster at a higher temperature without compromising the flavor and texture? Do we just need a bigger pan?

Comment

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but spinach crust:

2 cups finely chopped spinach + 1 cup shredded cheese + 1 egg + spices of your choice = pizza crust.

Mix together, spread out in a circle, and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Add toppings, then bake until cheese is melted.

Delicious. Sorry I did not get a picture!
                          Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                          Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                          Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                          F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                            Not sure if anyone has posted this, but spinach crust:

2 cups finely chopped spinach + 1 cup shredded cheese + 1 egg + spices of your choice = pizza crust.

Mix together, spread out in a circle, and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Add toppings, then bake until cheese is melted.

Delicious. Sorry I did not get a picture!
                            Sounds interesting!
                            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Made it last night. I used 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup tallow (I think it's tallow--it's the fat from my bone broth). Doesn't taste like coconut at all. The dough was quite unwieldy, but it was SOOOOOOOOO good! Topping was ground lamb cooked with rosemary and thyme.
                              Last edited by diene; 05-31-2013, 12:06 PM.

My journal

Comment

Tanya, your pizza crust is AMAZING! I made it two nights in a row and it was excellent. There was the moment when I put in the eggs and the coconut flour in with the gelatinous glob of tapioca and thought "This will never work!". After a minute of kneading it magically turned to well-behaved dough. I sprayed it with a little coconut oil and used my marble rolling pin and had a beautiful crust in no time at all. I love that you can fold it and eat it just like "normal" pizza. Thanks for this great recipe!
                                "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                                "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                                "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

Working...
                                X