Homemade mayo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade mayo

I've finally succeeded in making homemade mayo. Two whole times in a row! This feat was accomplished on my desk in the library - after hours. Don't bother to ask WHY I was doing THAT THERE. I would love to try using sweet pickle juice (the "no sugar added" kind) as the acid, in place of the lemon juice or vinegar. Would this work? I stopped throwing away my past mayo failures and started turning them into salad dressing instead so nothing would be lost if the mixture didn't emulisfy. Any suggestions before I give this a go? Need to wait for a time when the library is empty, it's hard to hide the sound of a screaming hand blender. I, also, plan to post this over in the Nutrition forum. I need to make more today and if it's a "no-go" I can do it the regular way.

Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I've finally succeeded in making homemade mayo. Two whole times in a row! This feat was accomplished on my desk in the library - after hours. Don't bother to ask WHY I was doing THAT THERE. I would love to try using sweet pickle juice (the "no sugar added" kind) as the acid, in place of the lemon juice or vinegar. Would this work? I stopped throwing away my past mayo failures and started turning them into salad dressing instead so nothing would be lost if the mixture didn't emulisfy. Any suggestions before I give this a go? Need to wait for a time when the library is empty, it's hard to hide the sound of a screaming hand blender. I, also, plan to post this over in the Nutrition forum. I need to make more today and if it's a "no-go" I can do it the regular way.
    To answer my own question . . . Yes! it works. The mayo does taste a bit sweet but I love both Miracle Whip and mayonaise. Emulsified just beautifully!

Comment

Working...
    X