No announcement yet.

cake question, what to use instead of sugar and flour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP: I am imagining the recipe calls for eggs, yes? Why not mix all the ingredients for the cake as you normally would (making the requisite primal adjustments) but only with egg yolks? Then whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them in. This will help lighten up the almond flour-based cake and you'll get more of a spongy genoise texture.

Comment

Originally posted by frogfarm View Post
      Reason: added more fat
      Love it!
      "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -- Virginia Woolf

Comment

It looks to me like the best thing for the OP in this case is to not mess with the recipe, but just eat a little and make it part of your 20%. One thing I have done when I want a sweet baked treat, but don't want a whole pan of it sitting around, is to cut the recipe down as much as possible. For example, if the recipe calls for 4 eggs, I can make 1/4 of the recipe pretty easily by cutting all the amounts by 4 (the eggs would be cut down to 1). Find measuring cups that have ounces, tablespoons, and milliliters on them so it's easier to figure out the new measurements. For example, 3/4 cup is 6 ounces, so half of 3/4 cup is 3 ounces, and quarter of 3/4 cup is 1.5 ounces. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X