No announcement yet.

Traveling with Bacon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for asking Joanie, he's fine. In fact I'm taking him to a gaming event.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by kitoi View Post
      Another option
      I love this image! But I've no need of canned bacon, we've a freezer full of pork we raised ourselves.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
        I love this image! But I've no need of canned bacon, we've a freezer full of pork we raised ourselves.
        Well I am the first to say how jealous I am, home raised pork and self cured bacon, then smoked!!! how lucky!

May I ask, my hubby has a smoker, how long and how much chips do you smoke with? He is still in the learning stages of the darn thing!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by goinggrok View Post
          Well I am the first to say how jealous I am, home raised pork and self cured bacon, then smoked!!! how lucky!

May I ask, my hubby has a smoker, how long and how much chips do you smoke with? He is still in the learning stages of the darn thing!

Thanks
          Hubby smoked the bacon for 3 hrs. It was a cold smoke, I don't know how much chips he used, he just added more when the smoke died down. The way we did it did not cook the bacon at all, I read some recipes that the bacon was smoked to a temperature of 150 degrees.

Comment

I 'm reporting back on the microwaving of the bacon. I thought it was okay but DS was less than thrilled, he likes the fat to be crispy and it was more flubbery, ended up trimming the fat.

The mini fridge in the hotel sucked big time. It froze all my beautiful organic veggies I brought: snap peas, radishes and cucumbers. I tried to lower the temperature, but this morning I took out my lovely hard boiled pasture raised eggs and they were frozen solid. I'm feeling pretty cranky!

Comment

[QUOTE=JoanieL;1153068]Precook bacon. Let cool. In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Dip bacon in chocolate and sprinkle with your favorite salt. Let cool. Tell me you love me when you get home. LOL[/QUOTE

I'd like to join the OP in saying, Thank You! This is going to taste amazing.

Comment

Working...
              X