No announcement yet.

Oysters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found John West Smoked Oysters. Ingredients are Wood Smoked Oysters, Sunflower Oil, Salt.
    Havent tried them yet, Gonna have to get some next time I go shopping
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

you are all making my mouth water....oysters with bacon and wostershire sause are divine, and maybe add some shalllots.

Comment

Oyster is my favorite food. Usually I fry them with batter. Also it is good with chili sauce.
        Last edited by whitebeak; 04-07-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Mark just recently had a canned oyster recipe, you should be able to find it from last week. It was oysters wrapped in bacon and cooked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Make sure the pan your cooking on them has holes or something and you have something to catch the grease, or they'll get greasy. Anyway, I made it, it was DELICIOUS.

Edited to add: I see Terry H beat me, and he put in a link. Whoop!
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

I just get the cheap canned oysters in water. Open can, drink all the water, eat the oysters, simple as that. They're really good that way! And at $2.00 per can, not the cheapest - but so nutrient dense it's totally worth it. I eat about three 6 oz. cans a week. Polar brand from Grocery Outlet.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Trader joes has them in olive oil and very tasty.

Comment

I just bought a pint. I will make an oyster stew tomorrow.

Comment

I use finely crushed fried pork skins, great to use a breading for anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X