Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone successfully hidden or disguised liver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made frozen liver goo according to these instructions - I freeze pureed liver in ice cube trays and small containers, then thaw and add to chili or curry. Strong spices mask the liver flavor very well
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I didnt read all 5 pages, but a friend of mine chops it real fine and adds it to meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Her family was clueless for years.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

As a kid my dad would soak it in buttermilk with Tabasco, then bread and chicken fry it, man it was good, liver candy.
        I ate enough of that to develop a likeing for it.
        Sausage with about 1:3 organ to muscle, with the spices and texture no one will notice

Comment

My co-op had pastured lamb liver for $2.99/lb. Sliced thin and pan fried, I can't imagine any meat-eater struggling with it. Goes really well with Chinese mustard, assorted pickles, and of course onions.
          37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Julia Child's Chicken Liver Mousse recipe with one half of a tart apple added to the recipe is actually quite good. there is also a paleo recipe for crispy fried chicken livers served with lemon juice and fresh chopped onion. It is decent.
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Chicken liver has the mildest taste, and in pate is yummy. My family who dislikes liver eat pate happily.

Livers mixed in with other meats in curry usually hides it.

Comment

Originally posted by girlhk View Post
                Chicken liver has the mildest taste
                Lies! I think lamb's liver is far milder than chicken.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

We eat lots of lamb liver and heart. Cooked in a pressure cooker (or dutch oven) with lots of onions, garlic, small can of tomato paste water just to cover salt, ground cayenne and cumin. Also, rice dressing, yummmmmm!!

Comment

Agree lamb is more mild and would be easier to hide .
                    I haven't done it but would imagine need,
                    Blend the liver in processor or chop finely then mix with some ground meat into patties & season herbs spices cooked onion garlic etc , as u want then good to go.

From London England UK

Comment

That's exactly what I'm doing. And successfully, I might add. . I had access to a bunch of grass-fed beef liver, so I grind it up and mix in small amounts with ground beef. My family has been eating it in burgers, sauce, chili, etc. for months!

And, on top of that, I got some chicken livers. I marinated them in lemon juice, then cooked them up with bacon, onion, garlic, etc and made pate. It's surprisingly good!
                      Janeen

Comment

Working...
                      X