Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a yummy marinade for eating raw meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying this!! spiralicious
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Comment

Also read in Nourishing Traditions' recipe for steak tartare that freezing the beef first kills off bacteria.
      i always thought that freezing was sposed to kill off the parasites. you can semi freeze meat for things like carpaccio as it is easier to cut into thin slices then.

Comment

I think freezing to kill off parasites requires a much lower than normal freezer temperature.

Comment

i have to say i dont stress about it. i freeze my wild pork and venison to preserve it, not for any anti parasitic purpose. i eat the venison raw and cooked rare from an unfrozen state. i eat fish out of the sea raw too. you do things like check the organs look healthy as you are gutting them with any animal.

Comment

While parasites are to some extent ubiquitous, the higher on the food chain the more likely the animal is infested. Eating rare predators is very risky, a good way to end up profiled in an article in a medical journal.

Comment

wild deer and pigs where i get them from just eat mainly grass and clover and some native bush. i should prob expand my knowledge of the fish species i eat. my faves are the fish that eat mainly crabs and seaweed. i only usually eat them raw after they have been soaked in lemon juice. kakoda. i eat shellfish raw and sea urchins raw too.

Comment

Outbreak of Trichinellosis Associated with Eating Cougar Jerky -- Idaho, 1995

Comment

cougars are mountain lions arent they? we dont get those sorts of predators here and i wouldnt be shooting or eating one anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    cougars are mountain lions arent they? we dont get those sorts of predators here and i wouldnt be shooting or eating one anyways.
                    I don't believe we have them here, either. But people do shoot bears around here. I'd eat my bear meat well done.

Comment

i wouldnt shoot a bear either. i guess if i was overseas and someone gave me some to eat, i would eat it to be polite. it is a totally different thing here hunting as everything with fur that we hunt are officially noxious pests.

Comment

Working...
                      X