No announcement yet.

what to do with egg whites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For folks wondering why we wind up with just whites ... I can't speak for the OP, but I make a lot of sauces which only use the yolks: Hollandaise, Mayonnaise and so on.
    Paul
    http://www.pjgh.co.uk
    http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

If u don't mind using a bit of coconut palm sugar then this recipe makes good meringue!

I’ve Only Got Eyes For You and Your Meringues Part-Time Health Nut

H x
      An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
        i'm wondering the same thing. i haven't read the perfect health diet yet; do they specify just eating the yolks?
        and, if they do, does that mean you should just toss the whites?

if you just prefer them separated, the whites still make a good binding agent for meatza, meat loaf, etc.
        Yes, the PHD says egg yolks specifically. They don't mention what to do with the whites. Anyway, I always thought that it's easy to develop sensitivity to egg whites if they're eaten everyday, but not to egg yolks. Maybe I'm mistaken?

And 5 is the number advised in the PHD for those who are pregnant or trying to conceive. I'm lactating, hoping to get my period back.

Comment

Originally posted by pjgh View Post
          For folks wondering why we wind up with just whites ... I can't speak for the OP, but I make a lot of sauces which only use the yolks: Hollandaise, Mayonnaise and so on.
          Can you share some recipes?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I've never made meringue or souffles-- I've always thought those were sugary desserts?

Comment

How about Egg Foo Yung? Primal Version

Comment

Working...
              X