Perplexed by seaweed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
    Do not give to men, they don't seem to appreciate it.
    My boyfriend loves it, but he's half Korean. We buy foil pouches of crunchy seasoned seaweed snack for him, wasabi, anchovy, or other flavors.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      My boyfriend loves it, but he's half Korean. We buy foil pouches of crunchy seasoned seaweed snack for him, wasabi, anchovy, or other flavors.
      I guess it's different when they've grown up with it.
      I made my man some fish-based pho (it seems my body is OK with some rice, so the noodles got a thumbs-up). He liked the taste of some nori I added in his soup, but wouldn't eat even the smallest pieces of the actual thing. More of a herb to him, I guess.

Also, have you noticed how many men are the first to wave raw liver and seaweed in your face to "gross you out", but when you're eating it they won't come within a mile of your plate?
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

SPAM Musubi
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
          I guess it's different when they've grown up with it.
          I made my man some fish-based pho (it seems my body is OK with some rice, so the noodles got a thumbs-up). He liked the taste of some nori I added in his soup, but wouldn't eat even the smallest pieces of the actual thing. More of a herb to him, I guess.

Also, have you noticed how many men are the first to wave raw liver and seaweed in your face to "gross you out", but when you're eating it they won't come within a mile of your plate?
          Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever dated a guy who would have considered eating liver.

Comment

Hi Cole,
            I get mine at a website called Netrition.com. They sell Sea Tangle brand kelp noodles, awesome as seaweed salad cold or as a hot pasta substitute. They soak up sauces nicely.

Also sold there are SeaSnax which are crunchy toasted and spiced nori sheets. These are the only ones I've ever found that don't have non Primal oils in them, only olive oil. There are several flavors including wasabi, chipotle, and onion.

Comment

I get Bull Kelp, roast it for 5 min in a toaster oven at work and eat as chips after that.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Make your own FURIKAKE. Absolutely delicious for everything.

I second the seaweed salad.

Finally, I also like to make soup with it using different stew/ground meat and/or bones.
                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                X