SPAM - it's almost primal!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjgh View Post
    ... a slab of spam is way better than a slice of bread to pop an egg onto.
    Words to live by!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Spam is a form of pate made with cheap ingredients. To make it yourself, the most important thing is the balance between raw lean meat, fat, fillers, and inert ingredients. It crisps up because the fat in the mix melts out and fries the surface.

Comment

I am half Marshallese (from an island not far, relatively speaking, from Hawaii) and I have very fond memories of caramelized spam and pineapple 'burger', Spam sushi, so much Spam. People who think it's gross usually have never tried it. Not paleo at all I know, but you could do worse on a SAD diet.

Sooo craving some Spam & eggs right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          People who think it's gross usually have never tried it.
          My mother used to feed it to us sometimes. Not sure why, she usually avoided serving commercial processed foods. I never much cared for it. I think I have only once eaten it as an adult, when it was offered to me while camping.

Comment

I tried it once. I couldn't even finish the bite. Now they have bacon flavored and turkey flavored. Individual servings are being sold.

Generaly when I think of spam I think of the Monty Python skit.

Comment

YouTube

Comment

LOL on Monty Python.

I was talking to a neighbor yesterday on the way back from the corner store (where I stocked up on two cans of SPAM) and he told me the bacon added one tasted like bacon pate. I got a good laugh out of that one. He's not primal or paleo, but he could easily be 80/20 because he loves all those things CW hates. Dude eats duck fat with a spoon.

Had scrambled eggs with diced SPAM, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese as my main meal last night - used a small amount of coconut oil to coat the pan. It's great to be Primal!
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Amen

Comment

All this talk of spam started me craving musubi. Instead of white I used bacon fried rice

Spam musubi
                    http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Awesome! And a great idea for fried rice.

The other night I made some mini meatloaves and I put a little cube each of cheddar and spam in the middle of them.

Oh and: a pile of greens topped with some fried spam, cheese of choice, and a fried egg. (putting the cheese between the hot spam and fried egg melts it)

B*tch-lite

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo712 View Post
                        gelatinous porky meat cube friend
                        Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
                        Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Working...
                        X