Can o' Oysters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can o' Oysters

Any good recipes for a can of oysters(non-smoked)

I would like to keep it under 500 cal.

Surprising google doesnt yield very many results.

So far I have tried:
    Bacon wrapped oysters - good
    Oysters Cervieche - ok
    Oyster Stir-Fry - nope
    Oysters raw with horseradish and cocktail - no dice

How about oysters with eggs? (Omelet, fritatta, pajeon.)

Fried oysters (using Primal alternatives for breading) with a nice aioli?

Comment

I will give the fried oysters a shot. The thought of eggs taking on the flavor of canned oysters does not sound good.

Comment

I only ever buy the smoked, so take this for what it is worth... but...

Stew or soup. Anything you would consider using muscles, clams, crab, or shrimp in.

I like tossing smoked oysters in with roast veg (parsnips, beets, fennel, whatever) near the end of cooking (similar to how one might use sardines in oil), so that might be an option too.

Everything else I can think of would be fairly experimental in that I'm usually leveraging the flavor of the smoked oysters and I don't know how bland the unsmoked versions are, so you're on your own......

Comment

Oyster stew - just add some wine and enough heavy cream to meet your calorie target.

Comment

Open can. Drink broth. Eat oysters. Feel amazing. You're welcome.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Cierra
              Make a cucumber "sandwich" with it. Get a cucumber, slice it laterally, scoops out some of the meat for room for sandwich fillings. Add the oysters, some condiments, etc. it'd be like a primal oyster po boy or something.
              What an amazing idea, not just with oysters.

I have head of using a green pepper this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                Open can. Drink broth. Eat oysters. Feel amazing. You're welcome.
                +1
                i can't think of a better way to eat them. i suppose they could be used to enhance other recipes, but they're so good just plain.
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
                  +1
                  i can't think of a better way to eat them. i suppose they could be used to enhance other recipes, but they're so good just plain.
                  Congrats on getting the post count up.

Now back to the question...

Comment

Congrats on getting the post count up.

Now back to the question...

Looks like Bobert came here to make some enemies. Well, you're in good company. You'll be amazed at the unmoderated childish bullcrap you can participate in.

And to think I almost shared my oyster, eggs and mustard recipe with you. For shame.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Last night I fried oysters with coconut flour "breading" and made a cucumber po'boy with a cilantro/coconut oil/coconut milk dressing...Quite delicious.

Comment

Oysters are tough. I won't eat them raw unless I'm sitting at the bar watching someone shuck them. Another take on them is to make a chowder (no corn) and replace the clams with the oysters. But I like them friend in some primal flour also. (I like squid that way, too.)
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I prefer them pan fried with cajun seasoning. They're delicious that way.
                          High Weight: 225
                          Weight at start of Primal: 189
                          Current Weight: 174
                          Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                          X