Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• so how can I make these more "post heavy weight lifting" friendly?
      (but still taste good)

I imagine I'd have to cut the fats down a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia View Post
        I made this tonight half a banana and 1 egg plus blueberries, it was so delicious better than original pancakes. Yummy.
        can you share the exact recipe please?

Comment

• When I made these the first time, the recipe called for baking them in the oven on parchment paper (maybe 10 mins at 350 degrees?) It was a great way to deal with a more delicate batter--my egg/pancake creations often become scrambles.

They also (when baked) had more tensile strength, like I could imagine saving some to use as the base for nut-butter sandwiches to take along somewhere.

My non-paleo son *loved* these, thought they tasted like banana bread, and actually ate them without syrup.

Comment

• Those of you who said you make banana/egg muffins or bread, what oven temperature do you cook them at?

I only have a small skillet, so making enough pancakes to eat takes forever. I'd love to try baking them instead. Thanks!

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                Those of you who said you make banana/egg muffins or bread, what oven temperature do you cook them at?

I only have a small skillet, so making enough pancakes to eat takes forever. I'd love to try baking them instead. Thanks!
                When in doubt, 350degrees on most baking projects works well. That's what I use for other muffins. Haven't tried these ones.

Comment

• Thank you! I'd just hate to mess them up. Baking doesn't come naturally to me... which is generally fine, since most primal foods get cooked in a skillet .

Comment

• just tried these pancakes with a little of my own honey drizzled over....O.M.G.

very glad not to miss out next pancake day

Comment

Those of you who said you make banana/egg muffins or bread, what oven temperature do you cook them at?

i usually do a bit higher temp than what paleobird suggested. When i tried at 350 things came out mushy kind of like baked pudding which, while fucking delicious, wasn't what i was after. 380 for 25 minutes is what i figured out delivered the best form of banana muffin goodness. but maybe thats just because my oven sucks i don't know!

Comment

• Thank you, Jamie! It's nice to hear from someone who has already won the battle of finding the right temperature and time. Undercooked eggs (probably the egg whites) have always really messed with my stomach, and that's something I really don't want right now while pregnant!

Comment

• Thought I'd add my 2 cents on my first time trying these...

The recipe I saw somewhere included a tablespoon of almond butter, so I mixed together:

1 large egg, 1 medium banana, 1 tablespoon organic almond butter, 1 teaspoon ( more or less) of coconut flour, dash of cinnamon , and pinch of salt.
                          Cooked them in ghee and topped with a drizzle of maple syrup- total heaven!

I'm always thinking of how to improve on a recipe, so next time I may add a sprinkle if chopped pecans or a few chocolate chips AND serve with bacon.

Perfect salty sweet filling combo.

I felt very good this morning after this breakfast and wasn't hungry for several hours .

Comment

• They are awesome!! Flat like a crepe but yummy and no need for syrup!! I use vanilla and cinnamon.

Comment

• I'm still making these every once in a while. I add about a table spoon of coconut flour to the banana egg mix. For me they are best fried in virgin coconut oil. No syrup needed either.

Comment

Thank you, Jamie! It's nice to hear from someone who has already won the battle of finding the right temperature and time. Undercooked eggs (probably the egg whites) have always really messed with my stomach, and that's something I really don't want right now while pregnant!
                                Oven temperatures do vary. To be sure it's done, stick a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, good to go. If sticky, put it back for a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X