Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I make protein pancakes however they contain 1/2 of gluten free bobs oats:

1/2 oats
    1 cup liquid egg whites (Costco)
    1/4 cup 1 % cottage cheese
    3/4 scoop whey plain flavor
    3/4 cup almond milk

Comes out to high protein/high carb and low fat. I make this for post lift

How can I make these more Primal for any time of the day and not post lift??

Comment

• Huh that's a interesting idea, will try this week and make a video about it!
      Spreading the Paleo/Primal message to gamers through my website: http://www.thehealthygamer.com
      Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel

Comment

• I made these from a primal recipe but they were incredibly dry!

Ingredients:
        4 eggs
        1/4 cup coconut flour
        1/4 tsp vanilla extract
        1 pinch nutmeg
        1 pinch cinnamon
        1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)

Any idea what I can change to make them more moist??

Comment

• Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post
          I made these from a primal recipe but they were incredibly dry!

Ingredients:
          4 eggs
          1/4 cup coconut flour
          1/4 tsp vanilla extract
          1 pinch nutmeg
          1 pinch cinnamon
          1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)

Any idea what I can change to make them more moist??
          coconut flour makes things extremely dry as it soaks up liquid like a sponge. for that i would double the amount of liquid. But really why not just go with banana + egg?

way less calories and no pipe clogging fiber bomb from the coconut flour.

Comment

• ^^^^
            Skip the coconut flour, or just add no more than a Tb. spoon. Use more bananas.

Edit to add: Posting at the same time as JM

Comment

• made there this moning 1 bananna and 2 eggs a bit of vinlla .. cooked on med heat .. came out very tasty but very very soft???
              04/23/2012 Max Weight : 448 lbs
              01/01/2014 Initial Weight : 428 lbs
              06/23/2015 Current weight : 288 lbs
              12/31/2015 Goal weight : 208 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                coconut flour makes things extremely dry as it soaks up liquid like a sponge. for that i would double the amount of liquid. But really why not just go with banana + egg?

way less calories and no pipe clogging fiber bomb from the coconut flour.
                Prefer not to add banana to this for the extra sugars/carb

I make an ice cream recipe with banana so prefer to save it for that

Comment

• I make my banana + egg pancake with 1/2 banana, 1 egg and recently I tried adding a teaspoon of coconut butter. I found the coconut butter really adds something, they come out looking more like real pancakes.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                    DUCK EGGS!!!
                    2 duck eggs and 1 large banana in the blender.
                    Even better than the origanal recipe
                    Yes, duck eggs are always better than chicken eggs! Bigger, darker, and better flavor imo

Comment

• Made them today with 4 bananas and 6 eggs (plus vanilla and cinnamon) and they turned out amazing! Will definitely make them again.

Comment

• I made some of these yesterday, 16 year old son and his girlfriend were raving over the aroma, so I saved a couple for them. Girlfriend asked about the recipe. Both are decidedly non primal and carb fiends, as typical teenagers. Today when I got home late from work, she had made some for the 2 of them, which were apparently heartily demolished.

Awesome.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• when i eats banana then i feel romantic. why i face this type of mood.

Comment

• They taste pretty good too with pieces of bacon in the batter.

Comment

• I made this tonight half a banana and 1 egg plus blueberries, it was so delicious better than original pancakes. Yummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
                                They taste pretty good too with pieces of bacon in the batter.
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X