Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
    I made this! But... I turned it into 4 ingredients. Well, three at first, then added a fourth.

This may be an off question, but what pan is that? I love it. It looks phenomenal for nonstick. Sometimes I just don't want to bust out the cast iron and stainless steel sticks like something awful. That looks ceramic. I don't want to cook in cast aluminum due to health issues with that type of surfacing, but I'd be okay with a natural ceramic. Mind providing a link on Amazon or something?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      This may be an off question, but what pan is that? I love it. It looks phenomenal for nonstick. Sometimes I just don't want to bust out the cast iron and stainless steel sticks like something awful. That looks ceramic. I don't want to cook in cast aluminum due to health issues with that type of surfacing, but I'd be okay with a natural ceramic. Mind providing a link on Amazon or something?
      Not sure what that pan is, but I have a Green Pan and I love it! I can cook anything in it - never had a single sticking incident. Here's the link:

Home - Green Pan

Comment

These look delicious, making them tomorrow!!

Comment

We use non-stick muffin trays for ours, since the 'pancakes' are much more fragile than conventional flour based pancakes. For best results add a splash of vanilla essence and lightly dust with cinnamon before putting in the oven to bake.

We don't cook it in any fats, although we do cover them in whipped cream and yoghurt (and a tiny amount of real maple syrup) when serving them.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
            It's an orgreenic pan Amazon.com: Telebrands Orgreenic Frying Pan, 10 ": Kitchen & Dining I bought it in the grocery store but amazon has it, too. It's great for nonstick cooking, very little oil needed if you maintain it properly. I also have two nonstick ceramic skillets that I bought in Price Chopper. They're getting worn out after two years but the orgreenic pan was definitely less likely to stick from day one. I flick burned cheese or beef proteins right out of it when I wash it out.
            | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

I've played around with these and you have to get the egg-banana ratio right for easy flipping and mash the bananas well. I use 6 large eggs and 2 medium (5") bananas to feed 3 people. They also work with 2 large eggs and 1 small banana (like lady finger size) for one person. They are better as pikelets at ~3" diameter. Wait until they are set about 1/2" in from edges (about 30 sec) and they flip well. I add a couple of t almond butter to the mix for a change. These really are a quick breakfast, especially if you eat the first lot as the second pan full is cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorSorensen View Post
                They sound fantastic! I am trying them out for breakfast tomorrow! I've seen a recipe that was similar to this, but they added garlic and other spices to make it a "dinner food." Any thoughts?
                I second the suggestion to make them savoury... The chicken liver addition on the previous page looked awesome?

Anyone else added savoury ingredients?
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

My Mother use to make something similar when I was a little kid.

She would add some medium to finely ground black pepper and crushed fennel seeds. Really good.

Comment

Oh my gosh these are so good!! I have done 2 eggs w/ one banana and 2 eggs w/ 1.5 bananas. I think the best ration is closer to 2 eggs w/ 1.25 bananas. Added some cinnamon, cooked them and put butter and syrup along w/ farm market pastured bacon. They are better than regular pancakes! I am in love with them!
                    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

My husband LOVES these- I do too, but he thinks I'm a genius every time I make them. Thanks ever so much for this post!

Comment

Originally posted by marthat View Post
                        Not sure what that pan is, but I have a Green Pan and I love it! I can cook anything in it - never had a single sticking incident. Here's the link:

Home - Green Pan
                        Thanks for setting me off on that tangent! Now I must have the San Francisco braiser...

Comment

Ive made something like this before. I added vanilla flavored protein powder

will adding a sweetener like splenda or liquid Stevia be ok? or is that non primal?

When i eat pancakes i think about syrup, not to be tempted, I want to add something to sweeten it up. bananas alone are not enough to fulfill my pancake sweetness needs.

Comment

I made these this morning for me and my mum She had hers sweet with honey and jam, I had my savoury with (believe it or not) - salt! Yum.
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I've been adding some gelatin, a dash of salt, and a few tablespoons of shredded coconut to mine. I find them plenty sweet, even if the banana is on the green side, and I top them with Kerrygold and/or a little bit of almond butter. But I consider these Faileo and I only eat them as a treat or a bulking food.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I tried these a while back, they are really tasty! I mixed cinnamon in for a little more flavor. Quick and easy for breakfast leftovers. Wrapped mine around a piece of sausage for an On The Go bfast.

The only problem that I had is that they were really hard to flip! Took a few to get the hang of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X