Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that you really can't touch them in the pan until they have set quite firmly. Then flip quickly. One of my pancakes that had a banana "chunk" in the middle fell in half on me, but the others were easy to flip once they had set.

Comment

We make the plantain pancakes (from the Paleo mom blog) at least once a week. All the kids love them.

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
        I didn't have any success with these... I ended up just scrambling them because they were so runny!
        Banana crepes, maybe with some almond butter spread on them sound extremely yummy to me.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG

thank you

Comment

I love pancakes! I'm definitely going to make these soon. Thanks!
            “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

I just made those and were great. I used banana, that i had previously frozen. Also, i didn't feel i needed to add anything (butter, nut butter), very nice just fried in coconut oil.
              OP, thanks for posting.

Comment

I made this! But... I turned it into 4 ingredients. Well, three at first, then added a fourth.

2 bananas, 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla cooking in Kerrygold butter:

But it broke when I flipped it

So, I added 1 TBSP (7g) tapioca starch to the rest of the batter:

Much better! This one only broke a bit because it was huge and the spatula couldn't handle flipping it all.

Tasty!! Had them for my post-workout, post-IF meal.
                Attached Files
                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

these work really well, thanks

Comment

These sound great, my son will be psyched.

Comment

Throw in some wild blueberries in the batter with a few slices of bacon on the side. This is my post sprint workout meal i have once a week. It motivates me not to skip my sprint workout.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
                        We make the plantain pancakes (from the Paleo mom blog) at least once a week. All the kids love them.
                        Made these this morning and they were perfect! I used ripe plantains (almost black). Here's the link: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/09/p...-pancakes.html
                        Last edited by Mr. Koozie; 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM.
                        “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

I thought the same thing. I added a teaspoon of tapioca flour to one egg and banana and it seemed to work great. But I also cooked it on a low heat setting to give the thicker middle time to set.
                          Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I added a bit of hazelnut flour to mine because I couldn't believe it would work in my pan. Really hard to flip but otherwise, YUM. Thanks for the great recipe!

Comment

I just went with the straight down the line banana and egg, spiced a little with cinnamon first, then, no spicing for a Galette de Saracen!

... fried egg in the middle and some protein: chicken liver pate, in my case.
                              Paul
                              http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                              http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Originally posted by pjgh View Post
                                I just went with the straight down the line banana and egg, spiced a little with cinnamon first, then, no spicing for a Galette de Saracen!

... fried egg in the middle and some protein: chicken liver pate, in my case.
                                Damn that looks amazing! Where's mine??
                                "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                                --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                                --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                                --Hyperlithic

Comment

Working...
                                X