Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Gonna try with roasted butternut squash tonight in place of bananas just for a change as I certainly love these with bananas.
    ok epic fail with butternut!

fell completely apart - never straying away from bananas again in this recipe~~!!

Comment

• There's nothing complicated about it.

4 - 6 eggs

1 - 2 Bananas

Add some cinnamon and nutmeg

Add gelatin if wanted

When you first put it in the pan add berries / assorted fruit

After cooking put some nut butter or coconut cream or whatever, I make it 3 or 4 times a week, so easy, ive used sweet potato and pumpkin as well and never had any issues, I just cut it into fours because its too big to flip

Comment

• Originally posted by steven.kelly View Post
        There's nothing complicated about it.

4 - 6 eggs

1 - 2 Bananas

Add gelatin if wanted

After cooking put some nut butter or coconut cream or whatever, I make it 3 or 4 times a week, so easy, ive used sweet potato and pumpkin as well and never had any issues, I just cut it into fours because its too big to flip
        Pumpkin and yams crumble for me when I try to flip them

I use egg and almond butter as recipe calls for per mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven.kelly View Post
          There's nothing complicated about it.

4 - 6 eggs

1 - 2 Bananas

Add gelatin if wanted

That sounds delicious. I'll be trying it very soon!

Comment

• This looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it...only thing is I'm very new to this and am trying to keep my carbs to around 35g a day, logging in on MyFitnessPal. I've logged in ready for tomorrow to look at my choices and a medium banana has 27g of carbs?? That's really high, should I avoid it? I really want to try it!

Comment

Pumpkin and yams crumble for me when I try to flip them
              I had this problem, but found making smaller pancakes was the solution. By small I mean like 3" diameter. Very small. To fit on the spatula.
              Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
              Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
              Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
              F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by utahgirl12 View Post
                This looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it...only thing is I'm very new to this and am trying to keep my carbs to around 35g a day, logging in on MyFitnessPal. I've logged in ready for tomorrow to look at my choices and a medium banana has 27g of carbs?? That's really high, should I avoid it? I really want to try it!
                I could never get anything else to work in this recipe as good as bananas do. Use this as your treat meal. Or post lift meal.

Comment

• Thanks fkjr2. I did try it yesterday and enjoyed. I guess I just reasoned it out as why on earth would I be sacred of a banana when I could so easily deprive myself and "cheat" on something so much worse!

Comment

• Originally posted by utahgirl12 View Post
                    Thanks fkjr2. I did try it yesterday and enjoyed. I guess I just reasoned it out as why on earth would I be sacred of a banana when I could so easily deprive myself and "cheat" on something so much worse!
                    Indeed
                    Bananas are awesome for you.
                    I choose to just use them post lift day to maximize for muscle usage/glycogen restore , etc

Comment

• has anyone tried to bake this recipe as a bread in the oven?

Was thinking to add some egg whites and baking powder and bake as a loaf

Thanks

Comment

has anyone tried to bake this recipe as a bread in the oven?

Was thinking to add some egg whites and baking powder and bake as a loaf

Thanks
                        I've baked plantain pancakes in the oven when I'm too lazy to make individual pancakes, I'm sure it would work the same for banana pancakes. I just make the batter (plantains and eggs) and pour into a skillet, bake until firm and cooked.

I've also made a loaf like this, but it was just plantain and eggs, I didn't add anything else. Works nicely.

Comment

• "two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Found myself craving porridge so I used this template for oatless oatmeal. Mixed a mashed banana with one egg and a few egg whites, added a tablespoon of flax(or LSA or chia seeds I guess), little bit of almond (or coconut) milk, some vanilla extract, plenty of cinnamon and then berries on top.

Comment

• 2 eggs
                            1 mostly green FROZEN banana from freezer smoothie supply
                            1/8 tsp bk
                            Cinnamon sprinkle before flipping

Whipped it up in our Vitamix...then cooked in bacon greased pan, added very thin slices of strawberry before flipping. Flipped with ease. Easily five regular size pancakes...we drizzled a total of 1tsp. Raw honey across all.

Is this a fluffy, just like regular buttermilk pancakes? No--is this an extremely yummy way to eat some eggs bananas and strawberry that is close to a pancake? Hell yah!

Kid Factor: B+ My tween who is very athletic and hates eggs really likes these and my 4 yr old, who is basically a fruitarian, ate them too. If you do the math, I had all of two big bites of one pancake!

Comment

• Wow, I was completely unprepared for these to actually taste like pancakes. I put in a little vanilla and cinnamon and they're excellent. Next time I'm going to try mixing in some sliced strawberries.

Comment

Working...
                              X