Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried these for breakfast - very good! I made them 1:1, but might try a two bananas to three eggs ratio next time as my youngest child doesn't like bananas. Although, she ate most of what was on her plate! I'm so impressed. The diet was meant for me, but already my 'carnivorous' children (15 and 7) are starting to give the veggies and fruit a try.

Comment

• I actually mash my banana a little less now, and the pancakes seem a bit fluffier than usual. I use 2 eggs, and big banana, and 1/8 tsp of baking powder. Makes 4 good pancakes, 2 each for the kids in the morning. I've made them so often that they turn out great every time, and the kids love 'em.

Comment

• I made this batter this morning using 1 egg and 1 banana, mixed it in my magimix blender and fried it in coconut oil in one thick pancake, used a plate to turn it and it stayed in one piece. Delish. I imagine some cinnamon would really set it off nicely. Thanks to OP

Comment

• Bump! It's a meal which is primal-friendly, nutrient dense, simple, and sweet. I usually use a small blender with a 2:1 ratio, sometimes adding protein powder to alter definition. If I were in need to add more into them, I simply add some cinnamon.

They seem to work scrambled/mixed as well, still retaining the same naturally sweet flavors.
          Male|18|5'8|155-160 lbs|University of Florida

Comment

• I ruined one of these this morning, and it was still great!

I used one medium banana and one extra large egg. I forgot to butter the pan. So, it wanted to stick, and burned slightly. It didn't hold together and basically ended up being scrambled banana-egg, with little burnt bits.

It still tasted great!

Next time, I will probably use two eggs and one banana, and butter the pan. If I have coconut oil, I may use that instead.

Jason

Comment

• I gave this recipe to my vet because it is really great for an upset tummy, and my two dogs go nuts for them.
              Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
              Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
              Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

• Finally making these again: 2 large bananas, 4 eggs, and maybe 1/8t of baking soda (not baking powder, since I don't have any and didn't wanna buy it just for this), blended in a food processor.

Actually having next to no trouble flipping them this time. Cooking on slightly under med. heat, covered, for 2-3 minutes, then flipping and cooking for 2 more. Could be the extra eggs.
                Last edited by Cyborcat; 02-04-2014, 09:30 PM.
                My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• I always break mine and they end up looking pretty pitiful, but they're a delicious way to sneak eggs into your diet!
                  Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

K.A.A.N. - L.T.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWocmse1Ef4

Comment

• Has anyone swapped out the banana for something else like yam or pumpkin

If so successful?

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
                      Slightly similar: 2 eggs, 2/3rd cup of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, Stevia, and plenty of butter = pumpkin pie pancakes. I have them almost daily and they're amazing
                      Is this sweet enough with the pumpkin?

Also I tried these and they fell apart while flipping.

Comment

• Bananas work because they contain mucilage--plantains moreso.

Other bases could use a bit of grated yamaimo, mung bean starch, acorn starch, psyllium, or xanthan gum as a cohesive.
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• Originally posted by picklepete View Post
                          Bananas work because they contain mucilage--plantains moreso.

Other bases could use a bit of grated yamaimo, mung bean starch, acorn starch, psyllium, or xanthan gum as a cohesive.
                          Gonna try with roasted butternut squash tonight in place of bananas just for a change as I certainly love these with bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by picklepete View Post
                            Bananas work because they contain mucilage--plantains moreso.

What about gelatin as a base or perhaps a tab of coconut flour?

I mean if banana isn't used that is

Comment

• Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post

There are several recipes for coconut flour pancakes, ya. Gelatin probably won't affect the baking properties.
                              37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post

I've tried gelatin with the banana and egg and it made a really funky burnt tasting pancake that the kids would not touch . Of course I am not the high lord of all that is gelatin, so it is possible I totally did it wrong. I simply added a couple of teaspoons to the banana egg mix while it was in the blender and then cooked it as normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X