Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"two ingredient" banana and egg pancakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made these today and they were great...added in some cinnamon and nutmeg. Most definitely will make these again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• These things are EPIC!

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
      This is probably a repeat, but I don't recall seeing it here.

I employed a 1:1 ratio of banana to egg for these. Depending on your appetite, one banana and one egg would be sufficient for one person.

Grab bananas, mash in a bowl. I didn't care to mash them too fine, bananas are soft enough so the pancake doesn't feel at all clumpy.
      Whisk eggs in separate bowl, no need to get too crazy with this, just make it uniform.
      Throw some vanilla extract on that shit, maybe some cinnamon too, don't let the "two ingredient" name limit your creativity.
      add some fruits if you want, don't be scared. Chocolate chips if you're silly enough to consider that "cheating."

Cook in some coconut oil or butter - about a minute on each side, medium heat - play with it.

Eat up! I made some "plain" just banana/egg and they are INSANELY DELICIOUS. I'll say it outright, I don't give a hoot about bananas, but I'll be eating them like this a lot more now. I found that they didn't do anything weird to my stomach (bananas alone tend to make me go to the bathroom). I also made some with blueberries in the "batter" and those were insane as well.

For the LOW FAT HIGH CARB POST WORKOUT bros, maybe doing these without yolks would be a good thing to try. I'm def not going to bother, yolks are awesome. Report back if you do.

Up next, plantain and egg pancakes. FUCK.

I just made these the other night.....then again yesterday for breakfast.....effing delicious!! LOL Also great because I am Paleo/Primal but Hubby is not, so he still gets pancakes, and I can eat them too!! I throw in a pinch of cinnamon as well!

Comment

• I just tried these last night, haven't dared have eggs for months due to an allergy, wanted to test the allergy so decided this would be a tasty way to do it with just two ingredients. I loved them thank you, and...........I did ok.
        Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
        Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
        Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

• Whoever invented this is a stone. Cold. Genius. The texture is incredible. My banana wasn't very ripe so there was a slightly unpleasant flavour but that would be counteracted by the other genius idea of serving it with pate. Now we need to get Mark to share this in one of his daily posts!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMum View Post
            Whoever invented this is a stone. Cold. Genius.
            I agree. Recently, my niece had a house guest, a Celiac, and she served the pancakes to the utter joy of both.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMum View Post
              Whoever invented this is a stone. Cold. Genius. The texture is incredible. My banana wasn't very ripe so there was a slightly unpleasant flavour but that would be counteracted by the other genius idea of serving it with pate. Now we need to get Mark to share this in one of his daily posts!
              He more or less did...almost three years ago...just a bit of almond butter in his version.
              Almond Banana Pancakes | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

• okay, I tried the one banana, one egg thing (added vanilla) but once in the pan they just didn't seem to set. I couldn't flip them without braking... it was also a really thick mixture... they did taste okay but what am I doing wrong.
                My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                  okay, I tried the one banana, one egg thing (added vanilla) but once in the pan they just didn't seem to set. I couldn't flip them without braking... it was also a really thick mixture... they did taste okay but what am I doing wrong.
                  I have made them twice now with no problem, are you mashing the banana sufficiently? it turns into almost a liquid if you keep mashing. I put ghee in pan and cook on a medium temperature, cook until they look dryish on the top then turn.
                  Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                  Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                  Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
                    I have made them twice now with no problem, are you mashing the banana sufficiently? it turns into almost a liquid if you keep mashing. I put ghee in pan and cook on a medium temperature, cook until they look dryish on the top then turn.
                    I guess I didn't smash them enough... there were still small pieces...
                    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• I use 1 banana and 2 eggs. The eggs will hold them together. You can also add a tbs of tapioca flour if you still have trouble keeping them whole.

Comment

• Thanks I might try that, mine (4 bananas, 3 large eggs, raisins, cinnamon) were breaking up too whatever I tried! (Butter, non stick frying pan etc), boyfriend laughed at them A LOT (but still ate them as they do taste good!). We renamed BOMLETTES as they did look more like banana omelettes in the end!

Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
                        I use 1 banana and 2 eggs. The eggs will hold them together. You can also add a tbs of tapioca flour if you still have trouble keeping them whole.

Comment

• Blender FTW.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

• When I first tried to make these, I couldn't get them to flip properly because I'm too lazy to mash the bananas properly. I just gave up on pancakes, and now, I usually do 3 eggs to 1 banana, cook them, add in some full-fat yogurt and maybe some cinnamon, and then mix it all together. It's more of a "mush" than a pancake, but it tastes pretty good.
                            In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• I never solved the lack of pancake shape, but what I found worked was cooking them in a muffin tray.
                              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• 1 banana 2 eggs, or 2 banana 3 eggs has worked well for me
                                The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
                                SW - 192
                                CW - 180
                                GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X